Head of FP&A
A retail business in London is looking for a Head of FP&A to join its team for a full-time, permanent position. Managing a small and capable team and reporting to the CFO, this is a key role within the senior finance function covering all areas of reporting, forecasting, budgeting and financial analysis/insight.
Your New Role
The newly appointed Head of Financial Planning and Analysis will:
- Provide financial planning and analysis leadership for the business, focusing on the monthly reporting, forecasts and budget.
- Be responsible for monthly results analysis, providing detailed variance analysis of results against forecast/budget.
- Review risks and opportunities with senior management. Identify actions to drive the opportunities and mitigate risks.
- Develop a new monthly management accounts pack.
- Develop key performance indicators to support business analysis.
- Take overall responsibility for monthly forecast and annual budget processes, providing interpretation and guidance to the
businesses. Challenge business assumptions through detailed review and analysis.
- Cost, margin, and profitability analysis.
- Build working relationships with internal stakeholders and coordinating across the finance function.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis as required by the CFO and GFC.
- Work closely with sector team, ensuring that all corporate reporting requirements are met in a timely fashion.
- Provide leadership and development to the team.
Essential Skills and Experience
The business looks to hire a Head of FP&A who demonstrates:
- The ability to handle complexity - experience of building new reporting and data modelling from scratch.
- Gravitas to challenge and support stakeholders of all levels across the business and challenge the status quo.
- Self-starter with ability to work on own initiative.
- Strong communicator that can tailor their approach to the audience and present with impact.
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with a strong work ethic.
- Proactive approach - spot issues early and liaise effectively with key stakeholders.
- Innovation, continuous improvement mentality
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
Salary & Benefits
This is a key role with a company enjoying rapid growth and offers a great platform for progression. On offer for the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis will be:
- £110,000 - £120,000 per annum.
- Car allowance.
If you would like to find out more about this excellent Head of FP&A role, please submit your application today.