2 days left
- Full Time
An exciting digital platform is looking for a motivated finalist level Management Accountant to join its dynamic finance team. Based in London, this is a full-time, permanent role.
This role will help drive timely financial reporting and commercial acumen within the finance team.
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will be exposed to all accounting functions within the business. You will be required to understand all aspects of management reporting and take full responsibility for all revenue recognition for the company. You will be expected to develop an understanding of accounting processes, produce monthly management accounts packs, and assist in providing a commercial view to the business.
The newly appointed Management Accountant will:
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management account packs.
- Work with the financial reporting team to provide robust weekly cash reports.
- Ensure tight controls and accurate revenue recognition across the individual entities and at a Group level.
- Conduct monthly balance sheets and P&Ls reviews for respective business areas.
- Assist the management accounts function in the development improvement of current processes/functionality.
- Assist in managing quarterly intercompany and group recharges.
- Understand the group consolidation process and ensure checks are in place to prevent any errors from occurring.
- Where necessary, have strong involvement in the Group Audit.
- Provide monthly flash P&L reports highlighting variances against budget and explain how these occurred versus plan.
- Provide a quarterly summary of material deviations from business plans and provide awareness on potential opportunities/risks to the business.
- Monthly/quarterly tax filings for individual group entities.
- Ad hoc projects/requests/queries coming from the business teams.
Applications are invited from ACCA and CIMA finalist Management Accountants who demonstrate:
- Good working knowledge of Excel or other planning and reporting tools.
- Understanding of accounting principles/IFRS standards.
- Experience producing full set of management accounts, budgets and forecasts and business partnering with non-finance stakeholders.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with and challenge senior management.
- Excellent communication skills, taking complex financial information and sharing these in a business-friendly manner.
In return, the Management Accountant will be offered £40,000 - £42,000 per annum, dependent on experience.
If you would like to discuss this Management Accountant position in further detail, please apply now.