Commercial Finance Analyst
MERJE are partnered with a Manchester based Financial services business that focus on credit and asset management.
They have an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Financial Analyst to join their Asset Performance team.
The purpose of the role is to develop, run and manage reporting and forecasting to provide AMS management with the appropriate commercial decision-making analysis on the performance of the debt under management to ensure AMS commercial performance objectives are met.
This is a permanent role and will be based at their Manchester offices with some home working. Due to the current Pandemic this will be initially home based only.
What will you be doing?
- Sitting within the AMS Asset Performance team developing reporting and analysis to provide an impartial view of portfolio performance for the fund and clients.
- Produce monthly performance reporting reports for UK, Ireland and Netherlands portfolio to assess recoveries performance against forecast
- Develop and run Expected Recovery Curve (ERC) modelling, financial, and analysis of operational activity to provide meaningful insight on portfolio performance
- Use Profitability analysis tools to assess the effectiveness of collections strategies
- Work with operational and analytical teams in country to understand and interpret variances
- Provide analytical capability to assess the performance of potential new portfolios
- Build and run analytical analysis, data extracts, simulation modelling and cashflow forecasts
- Undertake analysis of eligible population sizing and assess the commercial impact of population changes
- To conduct population scoring, regression modelling and propensity modelling techniques to continually refine and improve the accuracy of recovery forecast
- Provide appropriate challenge to all stakeholders on the information and assumptions provided to develop forecasts, to continue to refine and improve forecasting accuracy.
Do you have?
- Highly numerate Graduate or Post graduate – likely, but not limited to Maths, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science or relevant experience
- Experience in the development of Financial modelling, Cashflow simulation and complex, large scale portfolio analysis
- Strong technical in the use of analytical software (SQL essential, R desired)
- Experience of Pricing, profitability, customer segmentation modelling highly desirable
- Driven and self-motivated
- Knowledge of credit risk, credit bureau and credit data in a consumer debt context is attractive, but not essential
- Curiosity and critical thinking skills
- Structured and organised
An ability to convey complex concepts well in both written and presentational form
A bias to the practical application of statistical and analytical tools
Desire to apply technical skillset in a commercial role.
Pay & Benefits:
You will receive a highly competitive salary and attractive benefits package and our client pride themselves on rewarding success with an excellent bonus scheme and incentive package. They also have very interactive subsidised events, colleague engagement teams, employee recognition and development programs and the opportunity to work across multiple European countries.
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.