Head of Audit
My client a leading Financial Services organisation offering excellent opportunity for career progression require an experienced Audit Manager who is looking to make the step into a Head of Audit role.
The role is responsible for the internal audit function across a key business unit. The role requires the individual to have full accountability, responsibility and authority for directing and managing the Internal Audit function on behalf of the organisation in line with Group Internal Audit methodology. The jobholder is responsible for reporting on internal audit matters to the Audit Committee and its Chairman, CEO and Group Head of Internal Audit and other appropriate persons thereof designated for the purpose.
Key responsibilities include
- To plan, undertake and lead audits of financial, operational and risk based areas to ensure compliance with Group Internal Audit Methodology
- Design of Internal Audit Plans, delivery of internal audit reviews and planning and managing the execution of audits;
- Presentation and submission of internal audit documents to the Audit Committee for review, comment and approval
- Forming assurance opinions on key systems of internal control including forming an opinion of the overall internal control frame work at end of year;
- Evaluate the effectiveness and contribute to the improvement of risk management process and evaluate the potential for the occurrence of fraud and manage fraud risk;
- Make appropriate recommendations for improving the governance structures and process;
- To effectively liaise with Group Head of Internal Audit on implementation of group policies relating to internal Audit risk management and governance
- Application of relevant principles and standards to individual situations;
- Define Internal Audit recommendations with clarity of responsibility and timelines;
- Mentor Internal Audit staff assigned to assist in the delivery of internal audits.
Previous experience and qualifications:
- Relevant university qualifications in accounting, finance or business. ACA/ACCA or Actuarial qualification;
- Hands on internal audit experience in insurance or banking (minimum five years PQE) or equivalent external audit experience with a Big 4 firm with additional commercial experience, preferably in a multinational environment, or a combination of both;
- Solid knowledge of local and international market practices, rules and statutory regulations;
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, time management and communication skills
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.