Commercial Analyst | Clowne | £37,000 - £45,000
Business facing role within an entrepreneurial group based near Chesterfield. You will ideally have a background within management accounting / financial analysis and be someone who relishes working with non finance colleagues in a collaborative and partnering capacity.
Your role will support the Head of Finance to deliver real time and commercially relevant MI for the senior leadership team / directors.
- You’ll be someone who loves getting away from the desk and out into the wider business. You’ll be digging into all of the nooks and crannies to identify areas of potential overspend, inefficiencies and areas of opportunity. The business is in great shape – profitable and growing…. But there is a real appetite to drive continuous improvement and this is a new role designed to focus on just that.
- There are elements of business as usual analysis and reporting but a high percentage of your time will be spent on added value projects and ad hoc assignments surrounding optimised performance and world class finance business partnering.
- You need a natural flair when it comes to partnering with operational managers / commercial managers / project managers and contract managers who come from a non finance background. You’ll be someone who can win hearts and minds and develop trust quickly and confidently.
You’ll play an integral role in assisting in ensuring job costing is accurate, well thought through and well modelled. You’ll also be vital in ensuring variances are spotted and acknowledged quickly and that costs are controlled, margin is retained and profit is always a key consideration of all activities.
It’s a really interesting, varied and commercially involved role in a business looking to deliver further dynamic growth and change.
You will need:
- To have a firm foundation of management accounting / analytical skills and advanced Excel.
- To ideally have experience of contract costing / job costing and ability to quickly highlight trends and variances.
- To be able to improve the robustness of controls and the efficiencies of processes.
- To be able to support the Head of Finance with a range of added value projects surrounding improvement of the P&L reporting / MI suite.
- Great interpersonal skills and a proactive and methodical approach to solving problems.
If you are a management accountant looking for a commercially-biased business facing role we would welcome the chance to speak.