Finance Business Partner
2 days left
- Full Time
Finance Business Partner
£43,000 - £45,500 per year
Permanent, Full Time (37 hours per week)
Our client’s ethos is “Together we make a difference”, and alongside their values of people-focused, ambitious, collaborative, and effective, they are passionate about having a positive impact in everything they do.
Due to restructure, they are looking for a Regulatory and Finance Business Partner, to lead the provision of high quality internal financial reporting, regulatory reporting, budgeting, and finance business partnering within the business. This is a brand-new role which will begin the launch of their partnering model within the Finance team.
The Regulatory and Finance Business Partner will work collaboratively with the Finance Manager to ensure the delivery of team objectives and the finance function, ensuring continuous improvement. You will lead the daily operations of the Business Partnering team, providing high quality financial reporting, and deliver finance change projects, providing finance support to key operational projects.
As part of this role, the Regulatory and Finance Business Partner will:
- lead the daily operations of the Business partnering team/financial reporting team
- have overall responsibility for the Development Accountant responsible for their subsidiary company management accounts
- manage and maintain the management reporting tool ‘Infor’ ensuring that all data reconciles to the finance software system ‘Open’
- deliver finance change projects to implement improvements across the finance department
- adopt and deliver a business partnering model to ensure a high degree of collaborative working, liaising with other managers and employees throughout the business
- lead the annual budgeting process, working with budget managers monthly to produce accurate and timely financial reporting, variance analysis and forecasting
- in conjunction with the Finance Manager support the improvement of internal business processes, controls development and finance service provision
- oversee that capital items moved from the income and expenditure are in line with FRS102 requirements
They are looking for an individual that has previous experience with process and system improvements in an organisation, along with excellent change management and communication skills to deliver continuous improvements and drive change throughout the organisation for all finance related functions. The successful candidate will be able to deliver to simultaneous deadlines throughout the year whilst managing the business partnering team and rolling out effective business partnering to all departments within the business. Their ideal candidate must be a dynamic and forward-thinking individual that is able to work on their own initiative from day one and deliver to planned objectives and timetables. A hands-on approach will be required for all areas of the role.
You will have –
- proven ability to build collaborative relationships with others inside and outside own area
- previous experience of budgeting and internal financial reporting including management accounts
- understanding of FRS102 & Housing SORP
- good knowledge of OpenAccounts software and Infor BI would be advantageous
- senior accountancy qualification such as ACA, ACCA, CIMA (or equivalent)
- leadership qualification or willingness to gain a qualification in the Orwell Academy
- minimum of 3 years post qualification experience working within the accountancy field
Why our client?
They are an organisation committed to making a difference to local people. Caring for and supporting people has become central to what they do. They live by their values – they understand it’s the little things that can make the biggest difference and making a difference together is at the heart of what they do. They are one of the Top 25 Best Housing Associations and one of the Top 75 Best Companies in the East of England to work for, as well as a Silver Standard Investors in People accredited organisation
As part of their benefits package, you can enjoy –
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- reward and recognition scheme
- continued training and development
- wellbeing commitment
- opportunity to join a defined benefit pension scheme