Director of Finance & Planning
Director of Finance & Planning
Home-based or Bristol
£75,000 - £80,000 + benefits
National Childbirth Trust (NCT) is the national charity for pregnancy, birth and early parenthood. Founded in 1956, NCT is the UK’s largest and best-known charity for all parents. We are a passionate community of volunteers, practitioners, staff and campaigners, all committed to providing the best in physical, emotional and practical support for pregnancy, birth and early life with a baby. There are more than 7,000 people in our NCT community, and we have more than 35,000 members of our charity.
NCT has a proud heritage of campaigning for social justice and driving positive change for pregnant women and new parents. In 2020 we announced a comprehensive and reinvigorated plan to embed the charity’s approach to equity, diversity and inclusion. We are committed to building a diverse workforce and leadership group and are taking positive action to increase diversity throughout our charity, at all levels, and to nurture a culture of inclusion for all our people and the parents and families that we support.
The Director of Finance and Planning is a key role and comes at an exciting time of renewal for NCT. You will provide the visible leadership and determination to deliver an ambitious financial strategy to meet our charity’s objectives; you will have highly developed planning capabilities and the interpersonal skills to engage colleagues across the charity in developing and reporting on our plans.
You will be joining a dynamic national charity at an exciting time, as we deliver on our current strategy for recovery and renewal, whilst initiating work on our next five-year strategy. You will work as part of a motivated and high-performing Senior Leadership Team ensuring NCT operates to the highest standards.
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA, CIMA or CIPFA).
- Passionate about NCT’s mission and vision.
- Demonstrable experience working closely with a Board, Chief Executive and Senior Leadership.
- Previous experience of leading Finance and Planning, Compliance, Governance and Risk at a Senior Leadership level.
- Demonstrable experience of developing and implementing financial strategy, including medium term financial planning, modelling and investment appraisal.
- Commercially astute, with demonstrable experience of supporting good and ambitious organisation growth.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present complex financial data succinctly to lay audiences.
- Exemplary leadership skills – demonstrating the importance of inclusion and managing through collaboration.
- Highly developed influencing and networking skills; able to develop good, trusting relationships across the Charity and its workforce, stakeholders and partners.
- Outstanding attention to detail; exceptional organisational and prioritisation skills.
For further information and details on how to apply, please click the Apply button.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 28th July 2021