Financial Reporting Specialist
5 days left
- Full Time
Our Financial Reporting team is a dynamic team that supports the Board and Audit Committees as well as other key stakeholders such as shareholders and the regulator by providing prompt and accurate information to enable effective decision making for the business.
Our client has a clear road map that will drive their performance to the forefront of the industry, making a difference through innovation and new ways of working. They are shaping a cleaner, greener future for the 11 million customers who are put at the heart of everything they do.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Plan, manage & review the production of comprehensive, accurate and timely financial data and reports to meet both regulatory requirements and internal reporting needs.
- Develop & monitor processes, systems and controls
- Analysing financial data to provide organisations with information that will assist in future planning and decision-making.
- Guide and advise on financial reporting matters to enable the business to make fully informed decisions based on a clear understanding of any implications.
- Supporting interactions with the auditors for the audit of the Finance companies and the corresponding disclosure
- Assisting with provision of a comprehensive Treasury Reporting service. This includes delivery of internal and external reporting in respect of treasury function in the statutory accounts, regulatory accounts and other external outputs.
- Reviewing treasury transactions for accurate accounting in the treasury management system and monthly financial reporting in SAP. Follow up queries and post corrections and month end journals, produce reconciliations and validation schedules and help draft board commentaries in respect of treasury reporting.
- Providing technical financial accounting advice and guidance for Treasury. Maintain accounting policies and manuals and provide expert treasury accounting advice to ensure compliance and maximum value. Assist in developing others across finance with treasury reporting
- As appropriate, supporting the delivery of change across Finance and the business, embracing new ways of working and owning delivery of key outcomes to drive the improvement of long-term business capability
- Assisting the high-quality documenting of end-to-end processes and controls
- Regulatory compliance requirements: Ensure that governance and internal financial control over processes are robust and comply with frameworks
- Contributing to and proactively support the implementation of accounting policy or system changes, highlighting potential risks or opportunities to ensure service standards are not negatively impacted. Clearly communicate benefits to impacted stakeholders to increase awareness and understanding
- Building own knowledge of Treasury and RIIO and its impact on the industry and the business in order to support key decisions and advise and guide own business area.
The successful candidate will be/have:
- Fully qualified accountant-ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent
- Working knowledge of accounting and reporting pronouncements
- Governance, risk and internal control frameworks
- Experience of working with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels both internal and external to a business
- Ability to approach complex problems in a methodical and logical manner and to apply technical expertise and knowledge of standards to new areas where there is potentially limited guidance.
- Demonstrating the initiative in investigating issues and thinking outside the box.
- Ability to clearly communicate to senior management on complex technical matters
- Good presentations skills and skills in report writing
- Ability to manage risk, understand in-depth financial information and have commercial acumen that can be used to make meaningful insights to drive business growth in a safe and transparent environment
- An understanding of the commercial and risk impact of any actions and the appropriate business recommendations related to these, and an understanding of who the real decision makers are, and how this impacts on getting things done.
- Ability to adapt your approach to suit dynamic regulatory landscape
- Prior exposure to accounting system preferable (SAP)
- Transaction and close process management experience.
Fantastic salary and benefits package.
Genuine opportunity to progress within the business.