RattrayParkin are currently supporting the recruitment requirements of an SME in Central Leicester seeking to appoint an Assistant Accountant to start as soon as possible..
The successful candidate, will be AAT qualified or a CIMA/ACCA studier with a minimum of 3 years accounts experience.
You will be joining a fast growing SME and have the opportunity to be involved in a wide variety of duties.
- Provide support in respect of preparation for monthly, quarterly and year end closings.
- Assist in developing document processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal records.
- Ensure compliance GAAP principles and best practice set by the Finance Director
- Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledger duties (Inc credit control)
- Prepare & process expense payments to staff
- Completing company and client bank account reconciliations
- Prepare and submit Quarterly VAT returns
- Preparing financial documents such as invoices, bills, and accounts payable and receivable
- Completing financial reports on a regular basis and providing information to the finance team
- Recording and managing entries into the Sage accounting software
- Assisting with preparing and managing budgets
- Support in coordinating external audits
- Managing day-to-day transactions
- AAT qualified or studying towards ACCA/CIMA (Part-qualified)
- Previous experience of Management & Financial Accounting with strong bookkeeping skills.
- Experience in a similar role
- Good IT skills including Excel