6 days left
- Full Time
Pratap Partnership are delighted to be working exclusive with Burendo, a Leeds based, Agile Consultancy who are looking for an experienced Finance Manager to join their team on a permanent basis following their exponential growth over the last 3 years.
As the Finance Manager you will be responsible for generating, managing and reporting the P & L, managing WIP, and working closely with the Senior Leadership Team to minimise risk and maximise financial performance.
You will be the champion of Burendo’s finance process and systems delivering proactive assistance, support and guidance to the team in order to deliver the most effective financial results possible.
You will be the finance expert in the room, having an in-depth understanding of the appropriate regulatory areas and keeping up to speed with new developments. Making necessary recommendations/adjustments in line with developments.
As Burendo grows and requires more finance team members you will be responsible for the line management of the team in-conjunction with the Operations Director.
Key duties will include:
- Provide monthly reporting including the preparation of the P & L and Balance Sheet.
- Management of the purchase ledger which includes reviewing monthly statements and agreeing with the Operations Director the purchase ledger payments to be made. You will set up new suppliers using the correct protocols.
- Management of the sales ledger which includes the creation of sales invoices and the solving of challenges and queries.
- Experience of managing WIP and ensuring risk is minimised
- You will have a good understand of revenue recognition accounting and be able to confidently advise the Operations Director of the requirements and what implications this may have.
- Support the Operational Director with the Creation and management of budgets for key operational and investment areas of burendo – working with the senior leadership team where necessary
- Proactively chase the payment of debtors and maintain a good (to terms) debtors ledger.
- You will work with the Burendo team and suppliers in order to obtain best cost options for Burendo.
- Manage and report the nominal ledger, cash book, bank reconciliations and post the correct journals to the correct profit centres and codes.
- Preparation of the quarterly VAT return.
- Working with the Senior Leadership team provide weekly reporting of Turnover, Gross profit and profitability to the Operations Director.
- Work with the external Accountant to manage the payroll process effectively.
- Work with the external Accountant to manage the year-end process in preparation of the Statutory Accounts, Corporation tax returns and R & D claims.
- Qualifications to CIMA, ACA, ACCA level
- Confident and effective financial management skills.
- Commercial experience using and administrating Xero as an accountancy system.
- Experience of managing WIP
- Good understanding of NatWest Bankline (nice to have)
- Being a self-starter and a problem solver.
- Excellent communicator, both orally and in writing with the ability to voice opinion.
- Agility and a positive attitude that is required at pace in a fast- paced environment.
- An excellent understanding of the regulatory requirements of the role.
- Supportive consultancy environment
- Access to Burendo communities of practice and BAD toolkit events
- 25 Days Annual Leave
This role presents a great opportunity to join a small but rapidly expanding business as they go from strength to strength. As it is a completely new role, there will be the chance to shape the expanding finance team your own way.
Apply for Finance Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly