Assistant Financial Controller
4 days left
- Full Time
An Assistant Financial Controller is required for a large, well-known and highly respected manufacturing business based in Liverpool. This is a full-time, permanent position.
Your New Role
The Assistant Financial Controller will be the Number 2 in finance on site. They will report directly to the Financial Controller and support with the management of the finance function and engage with senior stakeholders across the business. This is a brilliant opportunity for someone with a manufacturing background looking to work for a profitable and well-established business.
The newly appointed Assistant Financial Controller will:
- Prepare Period, Quarter and Annual Financial packs, and journals for SAP entry.
- Review and manage Balance Sheet accounts (Monthly) and resolve discrepancies.
- Assist in the completion of Period End accounts.
- Manage and maintain the upload of Trial Balance data into HFM (Hyperion Financial Management).
- Assist in the management of Working Capital and Cash Flow control and forecast, in accordance with agreed targets.
- Manage VAT reconciliation to nominal ledger.
- Manage and maintain the preparation of Statutory and Tax accounts.
- Support internal, external and SOX Audits, and ensure adherence to SOX requirements and maintenance of procedures.
- Oversee the Treasury function, and product margin analysis.
- Manage and maintain the transfer pricing schedules.
- Provide forecasting and budgeting analysis.
- Review Payroll and Statutory payments.
- Support and coordinate ad hoc group reporting schedules.
- Deputise for the Financial Controller, when required.
The business looks to hire a fully qualified Assistant Financial Controller who demonstrates:
- Proven experience in a similar role within a manufacturing environment.
- Detailed knowledge of UK GAAP.
- SAP and HFM (Hyperion Financial Management) knowledge preferred but not essential.
- Understanding of US GAAP and conversant with SOX compliance preferred but not essential.
- The ability to communicate and in a variety of settings.
- The ability to coordinate others through delegation, clear direction, and performance management to achieve business objectives.
- The ability to collaborate within and across teams, translating roles and responsibilities in accordance with strategic objectives.
- The ability to guide and support the learning of others in order to achieve their personal and/or professional goals.
- The ability to positively challenge to drive a continuous improvement culture.
Salary & Benefits
On offer for the Assistant Financial Controller will be:
- £50,000 - £60,000 per annum.
- Excellent benefits.
- Flexible working options.
If you would like to be considered for this exceptional Assistant Financial Controller role, please submit your application today.
Apply for Assistant Financial Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly