A rapidly growing private equity owned business with a turnover of £400m is looking to recruit a Financial Accountant for a full-time, permanent role in Chester. Working closely with the business unit Financial Controller and the Head of Finance, the Financial Accountant will play a lead role in supporting the ongoing acquisitive growth of this very exciting business.
Your New Role
The focus of the role is on ensuring newly acquired businesses are quickly integrated into the existing group from an accounting, systems, control, and process perspective. Employing a methodical and logical approach, the Financial Accountant will be responsible for the financial management and reporting of existing and newly acquired companies, as well as for the financial reporting of specific head office departments. Key areas of focus will be:
- Producing year-end statutory accounts and assisting with production of the year end statutory consolidation and statutory consolidated accounts compliant with FRS101/IFRS.
- Integrating accounting systems for the new acquired businesses into the back office and accounting software.
- Ownership of the financials, to include operational accounting, and the full financial forecasts and results.
- Assisting with the month end finance report issued to the Board.
- Supporting external audit requirements.
- Providing financial support to and reporting on the performance of certain head office departments.
- General acquisition integration support e.g., reviewing processes, transferring systems, general administration.
The Financial Accountant role is more than the title suggests. You will be involved in many areas of finance, from completion accounting to systems improvement, from M&A to month end reporting, from process and control improvement to statutory accounts production and detailed analysis, from business partnering to management accounting.
Applicants to this Financial Accountant role should ideally:
- Be ACA/ACCA qualified.
- Possess a Big4 or Top Ten background.
- Possess experience of producing external reports to statutory audit standards and internal reporting for board consumption.
- Be a proven senior stakeholder manager.
- Possess strong analytical and Excel skills.
- Be capable of working in a high growth business which is PE-backed.
In return, the Financial Accountant will be offered £35,000 - £45,000 per annum, dependent on experience.
If you would like to find out more about this fantastic Financial Accountant role, please apply today.