Group Reporting Manager
4 days left
- Full Time
Group Reporting Manager
Ted’s Guide to what the Group Reporting Manager does around here…
Ted’s Mission Statement
Our Mission is to build a successful company through the creation of a leading designer brand. By conducting ourselves in an efficient and courteous manner and by maintaining Ted’s high standards and integrity, we pride ourselves in always being in a position to satisfy the needs of our customer. In order to protect the ethos and persona for which we have gained an enviable reputation, we always ask ourselves the question: ‘Would Ted do it that way?’
Where does this role fit within Ted's Team?
Primary role of the Group Finance Team is to own, control and prepare all external financial reporting of the group, principally the interim and year end reports to shareholders. This also entails ownership of the technical accounting policies and procedures to be followed by the group. In addition, a management accounting reporting system in HFM (currently in Hyperion Planning) is required to be developed.
- Leadership of the HFM consolidation process, which is used to prepare the interim announcement and the and annual report
- Ownership of all financial data used in these announcements
- Co-ordinate and control the consolidation requirements across all departments and companies to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Reconcile between managements and statutory accounting, with the objective of eliminating these differences
- Develop processes to enable consistent, timely Group reporting
- Responsible for ensuring the preparation of accounting papers on areas which involve judgement and/or risk for the Audit Committee
- Provision of technical accounting support and guidance across the business, leading the process to adopt new IFRS standards
- Redevelopment of the Group Cash Flow within HFM
- Develop HFM systems, including building a new management accounts consolidation in HFM
- Extensive involvement with Auditors to ensure that issues raised are resolved in a timely manner
- Involvement in corporate transactions
- Preparation of other UK statutory accounts.
- Lead a team of 3 direct reports.
Tools of the Trade…
- ACA Qualified accountant
- Led the preparation of multi-currency consolidations
- Proven expertise in preparing listed company interim and Annual Reports
- Hyperion/HFM consolidation system experience
- Strong technical skills, especially IFRS16
- Drive, enthusiasm and a proactive nature
- Highly motivated and able to meet deadlines
- Strong organisational skills, with proven ability to build teams
- Able to multi-task in a very fast paced environment
- Has a quality focus and attention to detail with delivery to a high standard
- Strong technical accounting aptitude
- An excellent communicator
- Authentic: We have the freedom to be our ‘best self’, being true to ourselves and others
- Kind: We try to do the right thing: for each other, our communities, our planet and for Ted
- Curious: We are hungry to explore, innovate and think differently
- Courageous: We have the confidence to be brave, have fun and discover the unexpected
- Inclusive: We embrace and respect individuality and celebrate difference & diversity
Apply for this Group Reporting Manager role based in London by clicking the Apply button now.
Ted Baker is committed to equal opportunities and embraces diversity, understanding the needs and benefits of a balanced, inclusive workforce. We do not tolerate any harassment or discrimination towards any of our candidates or employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.