Head of Finance
Trace are the exclusive recruitment partner to a world-renowned theatre and arts institution, in need of interim Head of Finance support for up to 6 months. They are a true world leader in creativity and entertainment, in both traditional and unconventional/ground breaking performing arts; and offer revolutionary education and talent programmes for students and artists alike.
You will be responsible for the trusts Finance and Accounting function and their charitable/trading entities. Your main deliverables for the interim include the scheduling and leading of year end accounts preparation and completion, lead on the production of month end management accounts and provide financial business partnering support to budget holders; as well as team supervision and review of work.
Additionally, you will be part of the Executive Team and play an active part in the overall strategic management and organisational direction.
You will be immediately available and joining at a critical time to lead with the preparation of the YE accounts and draft statutory accounts with the auditors. You will review internal control frameworks and processes, streamline them and improve efficiency.
Financial Strategy and Management
- Prepare the monthly management accounts and cash flow forecast.
- Manage overall expenditure to ensure it is in line with the budget; monthly meetings with managers to review budgets.
- Prepare draft year end accounts for the auditors, ensuring that these are audited in line with statutory requirements; plan and manage the annual audit in liaison with the auditors.
- Monitor key performance indicators on a monthly basis for discussion with SLT.
- Compile financial information for inclusion in contracts, grant applications and end of year final claims and returns.
- Follow procedures for allocating the costs and revenues between the Charity and other subsidiaries.
- Prepare VAT returns and ensure returns are submitted accurately and on time.
- Ensure that all routine financial operations are undertaken effectively and on a timely basis, and that proper and comprehensive accounting records are maintained in accordance with best practice.
- Ensure that all the necessary controls are in place to safeguard and account for all stock, box office receipts and cash income.
Governance and Risk
- Prepare financial reports to the Board, the Finance and Business Services Sub-committee, and external stakeholders as required.
- Ensure that the company complies with all its legal and statutory obligations including Companies House, the Charity Commission, Gift Aid and data protection.
- Manage the Accounts team and ensure all development and training needs are met.
Apply for Head of Finance
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly