Financial Accounting Manager
Financial Accounting Manager
Our client is a chemicals company with a leading position in the development and production of systems and products for bonding, sealing, damping, reinforcing, and protecting in the building sector and motor vehicle industry. They have subsidiaries in 100 countries around the world and manufactures in over 300 factories. Its 25,000 employees generated annual sales of CHF 7.88 billion in 2020. At the end of 2019, they won the Swiss Technology Award for an innovative new adhesive technology.
Your new role
The main purpose of the role is to assist the UK Finance & Compliance Manager in the day to day running of the finance department and to ensure accurate and timely month end, quarter end and year end closing has been performed. To also ensure any tasks associated with financial accounts have been performed accurately and within the set deadlines.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for managing a team of Financial Accountants across the UK entities.
- To assist the UK Finance & Compliance Manager in the day to day running of the finance department and ensuring accurate and timely month end, quarter end and year end closing has been performed.
- Analysing P&L costs for each UK entity and completing/ reviewing balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation and submission of company VAT returns.
- Produce final Statutory Accounts and assist with audit enquiries - (For three UK entities)
- Assist with the maintenance of and task completion associated with all UK entities' internal audit/control systems and procedures.
- Company Secretarial duties.
- To assist the assist UK Finance & Compliance Manager ensuring any tasks associated with monthly Financial accounts has been performed accurately and within set deadlines
- Submitting data to external tax team in order to assist them in finalising tax computations, calculations of QIP’s and quarterly group tax calculations.
- Ad hoc tasks (Mainly taxation and compliance related).
They are looking for a Qualified Accountant, ideally from a large corporately run company background with industry experience, preferably manufacturing but that is not essential.
The successful applicant has to be able to communicate with the key stakeholders and all internal functions. Externally they will be dealing with, regulatory bodies, auditors, tax advisors, banks and other vendors. Having a dynamic personality and get up and go is essential.
As this is a newly created job, the role will grow depending on the capabilities of the individual. This is a high profile position and number two to the UK Finance & Compliance Manager. Our client is looking for someone they can confidently handover work, share ideas for improvements and to assist them with various projects, subsequently making this role interesting and varied. You will need to be a real team player.
Our client is currently strategically succession planning for the future, and their longer term aim is for the successful applicant for this role to be able to do their job in the future, allowing them to progress within the organisation. Making this the perfect opportunity for someone who is ambitious and wanting to progress their career.
What you'll need to succeed
- Be ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified.
- Have a good understanding of Ms Excel (and other MS Office software).
- Have a strong background in month end closing procedures and Financial Accounting.
- Be aware of UK Taxes Acts.
- Have knowledge of the tax aspects of UK GAAP and IFRS.
- Have experience in SAP (ERP). (Not essential)
- Be able to work as part of a virtual team.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Be experienced in Tax preparation.
- Be organised, proactive, and self-motivated.
- Reliable/flexible & able to work independently.
- Qualified Technical Financial Accountant with experience of Tax preparation Strong background in month end closing and financial accounting
What you'll get in return
Hybrid working - 60% home 40% office
10% bonus scheme
25 days holiday (Raising to 28 days)
Private Heath Care
Group personal pension (Company 9%)
Group life insurance
Group income protection
Long service awards (Based on salary)
Employee assistance programme
Cycle to work scheme
Employee referral programme
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. For more information, please visit our dedicated recruitment site: webmicrosites.hays.co.uk/web/sika