Wakefield - A place where people thrive, businesses succeed, and visitors are welcome.
Are you a passionate, insightful, pro-active, future focused Internal Audit Manager looking to provide a modern, professional service adding real value to the organisation as a true partner? Are you looking for a role offering exposure to senior leaders and the opportunity to develop your career with a high profile, flexible employer who put its employees at the heart of its service?
Following a recent restructure, Wakefield Council are looking for ambitious, experienced and self-motivated individuals to join their team. This is an incredibly exciting time to join the Internal Audit service whose ultimate vision is… ‘to enhance and protect organisational value by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice and insight’. As an Audit Manager for Wakefield Council you will play a pivotal role in helping Wakefield Council make that vision a reality
Leading a team of Senior Auditors, you will work closely with a key directorate acting as a ‘critical friend’ to the corporate director and their management team using your excellent interpersonal skills to support and influence the key stakeholders. You will work on your own initiative being proactive in understanding the business needs, strategies, plans, risks and controls for that directorate. You will develop a sound understanding of the Council’s governance, risk management and control processes, developing a risk-based internal audit plan for the directorate. You will further support the directorate by joining their management teams at quarterly update meetings. You will also support the delivery of audit work to external clients and you will lead, coach, mentor and develop the Auditors within your team.
This is a varied role and part of a supportive team with ongoing development opportunities. Wakefield is a place where your career can grow, you can develop, and the possibilities are endless.
- You will either be a CCAB qualified Accountant OR Qualified to Practitioner/ Certified level of the Institute of Internal Auditors & an active member with extensive post qualification experience gained working within an internal audit environment.
- You will have sound knowledge of internal auditing professional standards, the concepts of governance, risk management and control and a good understanding of the importance of good ethical behaviour. A sound understanding of the principles for risk-based internal audit planning and delivery. A sound knowledge of the role of an audit committee and the importance of maintaining good professional relationships with our clients.
- Experience of supervising staff.
- Knowledge of computerised internal audit databases
- Strong IT & systems experience including MS Office.
- You will have demonstrable experience of establishing and maintaining good relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience of working with sensitive and confidential information
- Experience of identifying and resolving complex problems and solutions
In addition to your annual salary, the successful candidate will receive generous benefits including – flexible working, hybrid working opportunities, supportive corporate policies, 30 days annual leave ( pro rata), access to the local government pension scheme, access to an employee paid health scheme and employee discounts from a range of businesses in the Wakefield district.
Closing date 26th July 2021
First interviews 2nd August to 13th August 2021
Final interviews week commencing 6th September 2021
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact our retained recruitment partner Catherine Hill at Hays Senior Finance.
To learn more and find out how to apply, please view our dedicated microsite: webmicrosites.hays.co.uk/web/wakefield/