Mundipharma is a global (ex-US) network of independent associated companies that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines and consumer healthcare products. We are an agile and fast-paced company seeking to increase access to health care through programmes and effective partnerships.
We are forward-looking and dedicated to bringing innovative treatments to many of the world’s most challenging conditions and diseases including: Pain Management & Supportive Care, Consumer Health, Anti-Infectives, Biosimilars, CNS, Diabetes, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Respiratory and transplantation immunity.
We make a difference to patient lives by delivering value to healthcare professionals in 120+ countries across Africa, Asia Pacific, Canada, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East.
Our guiding principles, centred around Integrity and Patient-Centricity, are at the heart of everything we do. We encourage our people to think differently and our inclusive culture of continuous learning and collaboration make Mundipharma a great place to work.
For more information visit www.mundipharma.com
- Management of the accuracy, integrity and timeliness of financial, statutory and tax reporting and ensure compliance with any relevant reporting standards and Balance Sheet liability management.
- Drive standard processes through principles of simplification, standardisation and automation where appropriate.
- Efficiently and effectively lead delivery of the R2R activities to meet the agreed SLA’s and KPI’s and lead the operational reviews to drive continuous improvements to close any gaps in performance working alongside the GPO. With a focus on providing higher quality service as well as transparency to the internal customers.
- Manage the monthly/quarterly/annual close periods and ensure completeness of all financial, statutory and group accounting and reporting whilst ensuring compliance with accounting principles/standards and relevant regulations. Controlling operational planning by setting priorities and contents in close consultation with the responsible managers across the divisions.
- Ensure timely and accurate account reconciliation reviews of Balance Sheet control accounts supporting the financial accounting process.
- Manage short- and long-term operational goals and tactical objectives. Implement processes that are clearly aligned with the business strategy.
- Manage the review and reporting of Working Capital across the business
- Plan and communicate the reporting cycle, executing it to first-class standards.
- Ensure the preparation of correct documentation for the annual finance audit.
- Ensure the maintenance and capability of the Finance systems, taking a joint leadership role in any future financial system upgrades.
- Ensure the establishment and maintenance of an effective business control framework, commensurate with a business of this scale.
- Play a lead role in driving the transformation of the FSSC to promote excellence.
- Actively promote the sharing of new ideas and best practice across all areas.
- Play a lead role in improving the strength of finance talent within the organisation; recruit and develop individuals to facilitate proactive succession planning at all levels, manage, coach and mentor where appropriate and document end of year reviews and personal development plans.
- Build and maintain relationships with the IACs and their respective Finance Partners and Directors to ensure effective delivery of aligned Finance business processes.
- Act as a point of escalation for Finance business leaders and ensure timely remediation of issues.
- Perform ad hoc requests or processes as instructed by the Head of R2R and be a cover for the team in times of holiday or sickness.
- University degree in Accounting or Finance
- Recognised Accountancy Qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or local equivalent)
- Minimum of 10 years practical experience, previous experience working within a shared service environment preferable.
- Minimum 5 years experience managing a team in a financial operations enviroment.
- Ability to work effectively within a complex management matrix structure.
- Must possess "soft skills": conflict resolution and negotiation, personal effectiveness, creative problem solving, strategic thinking, team building, and influencing skills.
- High level of commitment and flexibility, poise, communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to interact with all levels, influence senior managers and be equally comfortable with senior management in cross-functional efforts.
- Broad, creative, and innovating thinking and the ability to gather extensive amounts of information and synthesize into concise reports and presentations.
- Strong financial, IT and analytical skills with an operational focus
- Proven track record of driving innovation and leading on organisational changes.
- EU languages preferred.