Financial Controller - Real Estate - Family Office
Financial Controller - Real Estate - Family Office - OUR CLIENT - Is a thriving, lean, entrepreneurial and commercially active Family Office who concentrate their efforts in the UK real estate sector, but who also undertake non real estate investments. With a strong balance sheet, they are preparing to embark on further expansion of their real estate portfolio, which could encompass the acquisition of single assets, portfolios and/or developments. This projected expansion demands an ability to move at pace with the accuracy and reporting rigour that their MD / CEO and transactions demand. For these reasons, they are now seeking to appoint a bright and able Financial Controller to assume a 'hands on' role.
THE ROLE - Reporting to the Family Office's Group CFO and board and with exposure to everyone in the business, senior and junior, from day one - the successful incumbent will assume responsibility for the day to day running of a small finance team which will include:
- Assuming responsibility for the monthly, quarterly and annual accounting for the offshore trusts, SPVs and properties owned by the Family.
- Financial and management reporting including cashflows and analysis as required and on a property by property / development basis.
- Maintaining, reviewing and developing the efficient use of accounting, reporting and property systems.
- Producing tailored, accurate and timely commercial information to facilitate business decision making and on property acquisitions and dispositions. Such reporting could also be for external consumption e. when the group undertakes joint ventures.
- Managing the tax affairs of the various corporate entities.
- Producing information for bank covenant compliance.
- Managing the budgeting process.
- Managing the process of 'onboarding' newly acquired properties and their tenants; managing the process of producing rent demands.
- Developing and upgrading accounting systems, which could entail introducing a new accounting system.
THE PERSON: To apply, you will be a qualified accountant ACA / ACCA with a proven track record and understanding of the real estate market, including property development. You will be able to hit the ground running and should be able to hold your own in a commercially dynamic and challenging but fair environment. You should possess strong reporting and analytical / Excel skills and be able thrive in an environment that has minimal bureaucracy is fast based and highly commercial. You should be technically able, work efficiently and at pace when required and be detail orientated. You should have above average communication skills (both spoken and written) and be seeking a long-term career role. Knowledge of offshore trust and corporate structures and debt including loan drawdowns and management and related compliance would be advantageous. Knowledge of non-real estate investments (e. hedge funds, shares) would be useful but not essential.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook.
Apply for Financial Controller - Real Estate - Family Office
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly