An excellent opportunity has arisen to use your finance skills within a well-established charity as a Finance Manager. Charity experience would be useful, but more important for this role is the desire to really make a difference and empathy with and passion for the values and aims of the charity.
Based in Leeds, this is a full-time, permanent position.
As Finance Manager you will work in a small team and successfully deliver all aspects of finance required by the charity, as well as providing support to other department heads. Key areas of delivery include:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, including reforecasts with balance sheet and fund reconciliations.
- Preparation of the draft year end statutory accounts in accordance with the Charities SORP; liaison with the auditors; completion of final accounts for publication.
- Preparation of annual budgets including supporting budget holders with their individual budget submissions.
- Oversight and management of the main nominal ledger.
- Review and authorisation of supplier payments and payroll.
- Daily management of cash flow requirements.
- Management of investment holdings.
- Management and supervision of the Finance Team (4 full time equivalent members).
The charity looks to hire a Finance Manager who demonstrates the below skills, experience, and qualifications:
- You will have experience of using accountancy skills to work with a range of stakeholders, at both a strategic and operational level.
- You will be fully qualified ( ACA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent).
- You will ideally have experience as a Finance Manager covering all aspects of finance from transactional tasks up to strategic decision making within a large and complex organisation or charity.
Salary & Benefits
On offer is a salary of £38,000 - £43,000 per annum, dependent on experience.
The office is location in central Leeds, but there is a view that the Finance Manager role will be balanced between working from home and in the office at around a 40/60 split.
If you want to find out more or be considered for this Finance Manager position, please apply today.