MRK are very pleased to announce that we have partnered with a market leading organisation with a turnover of over £1billion, this global organisation seeks a CIMA/ACCA qualified accountant to join them as a Finance Manager on a permanent basis to be based in Luton, Bedfordshire.
Our client is a niche well established manufacturer for an exciting sector, offering a great position leading their finance team consisting of a team of 4 - Deputy Operations Accountant, Trainee Accountant, Credit Controller and Accounts Payable assistant.
The successful individual will have a good understanding of budgets, controls and reporting, strong analytical skills and attention to detail. Advanced level Excel is required along with the ability to learn quickly and work on your own initiative. Extensive experience of SAP FI/CO modules desirable, be able to delegate and manage the work of others, strong stakeholder management and support the financial controller.
- Prepare financial data to ensure Programme P&L and balance sheet positions are correctly reflected.
- Day to day people management including activities such as training and career development absence management, performance management, PDP's, recruitment etc.
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company and prepare monthly and annual reports
- Collating and inputting data into One Stream
- Ensure team adherence to a 3-day month end and cash flow reporting on a weekly basis including forecasts and commentary on variances
- Support Programme Management with monthly results
- Prepare and post monthly accruals, prepayments and approve team journals
- Support balance sheet reviews
- Support/facilitate in managing financial risks and opportunities, in particular contract performance, and variances to business case.
- Perform annual cost roll up and year end processes in SAP.
- Ensure that balance sheet positions are reconciled, understood, and aged or judgmental items are actioned.
- Preparation of annual budgets & quarterly forecasts
- Annual Tax pack analysis for Group
- Support internal and external financial audits
- Continually identify risks to delivery, propose solutions and effectively manage stakeholder expectations.
- Drive the continuous improvement of end-to-end accounting practices.
- Support the company's focus on deployment of Lean including on-site training courses and implementing improvements.
This is a great role for an ambitious accountant seeing their future in a growing business that can offer this opportunity.
For more information about this role or any other Finance Manager jobs in Luton, Bedfordshire please don't hesitate to contact us in confidence or visit our website.
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates - AGY.
Quality, Relevance and Reliability
Apply for Finance Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly