5 days left
- Full Time
A highly regarded firm of chartered accountants based in Wells is searching for a Tax Manager to join for a full-time, permanent role. The Tax Manager will have the option to work remotely.
You will join as a key addition, leading the development of the tax department and service offering with opportunity to carve a career within a successful firm. You will be responsible for the delivery of tax compliance and planning services to a wide-ranging client base.
Based in Wells this chartered firm is highly regarded across Somerset and further afield, acting for wide-ranging clients including OMBs, SMEs, and corporate limited company clients, along with acting for smaller sole trader and partnerships across varying industries.
The firm has clients with more than £30 million in turnover. On the personal tax side, the firm acts for wide ranging private clients across HNWIs, directors, property related clients and other individuals. The culture is very team orientated with long serving staff.
The Tax Manager will be responsible for:
- The management, review and hands on provision of tax services for the firm, managing the delivery of a quality compliance service alongside tax planning and advisory work.
- The role will have a heavy personal tax emphasis, whilst maintaining some mix across the two areas.
- Managing the compliance delivery, managing the wider tax team reviewing work and building relationships with clients, perhaps an element of hands-on involvement as well in complex cases (on some HNWI clients for example).
- Liaising with HMRC and overseeing the successful delivery of personal tax services.
- Identifying and delivering advisory and planning solutions across both personal and corporate tax, moulded to some degree, around the strengths and background of the right professional, so this could cover projects across CGT, IHT, income tax planning, trust tax, stamp duty and land tax and VAT.
- Carving a key managerial role in the business, developing long term relationships with your clients, adding value to clients and the firm, with excellent prospects for longer term progression and development on offer.
Ideally CTA and/or, ATT/ACA/ACCA qualified, you will have a strong tax technical career background having developed your career within accountancy practice.
Your experience will have been developed in any mix of Top Tier, Top Ten, 50, or large/medium or small independent firm background, or specialist tax firm and your background may be across mixed corporate and personal tax, or you may have focused entirely down one route to date.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Tax Manager level professional looking to progress within a leading firm of chartered accountants where you can further your career.
Salary & Benefits
On offer for the Tax Manager is £40,000 - £50,000 per annum, dependent on experience and background, plus benefits.
If you would like to find out more about this Tax Manager role, please submit your application today.