In House Indirect Tax Manager
7 days left
- Full Time
This role offers the opportunity to work in the businesses central finance function based in Kingston upon Hull. The role reports to the Group's Head of Tax and Treasury and is ideal for someone looking for a new challenge with an international remit. The role offers a flexible working pattern (with the ability to partially work from home) and part time applicants will be considered.
This is a large, international IT / Tech business with a finance team based in Hull. They offer insights to clients across a breadth of industry markets and functions. They are known for having a leading finance team and the business offers long-term, strategic partnerships to their clients.
The successful In House Indirect Tax Manager will be responsible for, but not restricted to:
- Overseeing external UK VAT compliance, including reviewing the Group's quarterly VAT returns
- Evaluating the Group's recent transition to Making Tax Digital for VAT and identifying efficiencies in the VAT return preparation process
- Overseeing global indirect tax compliance through liaison with internal stakeholders and external advisors
- Responding to operational tax queries from both internal and external stakeholders
- Continually monitoring developments with respect to indirect tax rules and overseeing any required changes to the Group's billing systems to maintain compliance
- Ownership of the Group's indirect tax balance sheet reconciliations including development of overall process
- Reviewing and testing the Group's VAT control environment as part of a process of continuous improvement
- Providing tax support for M&A related activities and project work as required
- Acting as a key liaison with external auditors for indirect tax matters
The role also offers the opportunity to continually develop as a tax professional through supporting the Group's Head of Tax in other areas of taxation.
The successful In House Indirect Tax Manager will:
* Ideally be CTA or ACA qualified (or qualified by experience)
* Strong stakeholder management skills
* Desire to develop tax skillset though autonomous research
* Ability to respond positively to changing business issues
* A motivated, tenacious, and driven attitude with the ability to suggest and implement process improvements
* Ability to work to tight deadlines and complete work to a high standard under pressure
£50,000 - £60,000 (dependent on experience)
Excellent career opportunity
Option of working flexibly and remotely.
Part time also considered for this In House Indirect Tax Manager role