Costa Coffee – Finance Manger Corporate – FTC 12m
This role is a key business partner to the direct reports of the Corporate & FMCG Director and their teams. It leads all financial support for Corporate performance, to inform and influence the commercial and operational decision-making process in UK&I.
A bit about us...
At the heart of Costa Coffee are our values; we believe in Passion, Warmth, Trust and Courage. We are the No 1 coffee brand in the UK and as part of the Coca-Cola Company, we’re on a journey to be the worlds most loved coffee brand, we don’t settle for mediocre. We’ve come a long way from the Costa brothers first roastery in 1971, today we are a total coffee company that delivers amazing coffee to our consumers all over the globe. Along with our much-loved stores, this includes our Express machines, Ready to Drink products, and a long list of friends and partnerships. Costa are proud of our collaborative and inclusive workforce, who continually unlock new growth and innovation.
A bit about the role...
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, the role is responsible for the delivery of financial support for 400 Corporate Stores, 2800 Proud to Serve points, and New Business, with a focus in supporting the Contract Catering and Leisure Channels. As the Interim Finance Manager, this role also links in externally with around 200 existing and new partners as required, on financial related matters. Day to day, you’ll also be required to:
- Lead budget and forecasting processes for Corporate with your business partners.
- Build effective financial reporting capability / KPIs and deliver accurate, timely reporting
- Provide regular updates on financial performance, including insight into underlying drivers and required actions
- Maintain financial control over all Corporate related P&L costs and have a detailed understanding of financial risks, opportunities, and mitigation options
- Appraise financial business cases for all new business opportunities and changes to existing contract terms
- Support the negotiation of existing contracts and new business opportunities, with financial insight
- Oversee key financial controls for Corporate, operating certain controls and liaising with Group Accounting & Control team as required
- Provide Finance support for ad hoc projects as required.
Please note, this role is required for a 12-month Fixed Term Contract.
A bit about you…
To succeed at Costa, it is important that you embrace our values and enjoy working with diverse and committed colleagues. In addition, we would hope to see some of the below:
- Financial qualification (ACCA/CIMA/MBA), with relevant post qualified experience
- Experience / understanding of financial accounting and control requirements
- Significant experience in the Finance team of a multi-site blue chip retailer / FMCG
- Working in a fast paced, customer-facing organisation
- Finance partnering experience
- Strong analytical and excel based modelling / reporting capability
- Proven presentational skills at Director level, both written and verbal
- Able to influence effectively at all levels up to Director
What we can offer...
We’re on an exceptional adventure and can offer a truly purpose led career with flexibility to suit your personal needs. In addition, you will benefit from the below:
- BUPA Healthcare
- Costa Pension Scheme
- Bonus Scheme
- 25% staff discount, including endless free coffee onsite at support office
- 25 days Holidays
Location / Travel: Dunstable, Bedfordshire
At Costa Coffee we celebrate Inclusion and Equality; we believe everyone should bring their true self to work. We advocate collaboration and transparency and embrace differences in all that we do. #nowisthemoment to join.
Apply for Finance Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly