Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partner / Operational Accountant | Bo’ness | £30,000 - £42,000
Are you a confident management accountant / assistant management accountant looking for a role that is truly business facing? Do you want to get away from your desk and spend your time interacting with non finance colleagues? Do you enjoy a commercially focused role where you really have chance to understand the levers of success and drivers of profit? Do you enjoy working with colleagues from outside of the finance function?
Large manufacturing group have an interesting and exciting opportunity for a capable and astute Operational Accountant. You will work closely with the leadership team within the production / factory areas and provide key support through business partnering, management accounting and added value reporting.
You will enjoy
You will provide financial evidence and MI that allows the business to better understand weekly and monthly trends regarding costs, labour, packaging and material variances, yields, wastage, product performance and profit streams, margins and variances to budgets / forecasts. This is a real chance to drill down into variances and work with the operational teams to bring the numbers to life.
It’s a genuine chance for you to effect change and influence positive decisions rather than simply focusing on financial reporting and month end routines!
It is a really broad and interesting remit which will allow you to develop a valuable and rounded skillset. There is a clear route of progression which can be mapped from the outset giving you an exciting opportunity to progress swiftly. There is also a sensible work life balance and manageable workload - although it’s a fast paced and interesting business there is a commitment to sensible working hours.
You will need:
- To have gained experience of detailed management accounting
- To be someone with the communication skills to allow you to develop excellent working relationships with non finance colleagues
- To be someone who loves getting under the skin of the numbers and getting out into the business.
- To have developed good working knowledge of key Excel functions and have strong analytical skills.
- To have an interest in business and enjoy working with colleagues across all areas of the group.
- To be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- To be keen to progress your career and develop new skills.
The business will fully support study if you are looking to complete ACCA / CIMA.
If you would like to be considered for the Finance Business Partner/ Operational Accountant position please click 'apply now’ or contact our team directly.
Apply for Finance Business Partner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly