Financial Controller | York | £45,000 - £55,000
Incredible opportunity for a finalist or recently qualified Management Accountant looking for progression, development, mentoring and major scope to drive change.
It’s a business at a hugely exciting juncture – they have delivered exceptional growth and are poised for rapid future expansion which will also see them complete IPO and become AIM listed.
You will be ‘number 2 in finance’ – working for a strategically focused and diligent FD able to give you support but massive autonomy and ownership.
The remit is really broad and designed to give you chance to be stretched and kept interested. There are tons of projects that you can throw yourself at alongside the day job (including a system implementation).
You’ll be involved in management accounts preparation, budgeting, forecasting, MI production, costing, contract reviews, margin and profit analysis, year end requirements…. The full train set which will equip you with the skills and first hand experience to step into an FD / Divisional FD role.
Your role is visible and key – you’ll be working with the directors and main stakeholders from the outset and be part of a growing & talented senior leadership team.
This is a professional SME on the cusp of super exciting change and will be a lucrative, enjoyable and varied journey for the right candidate.
You will need:
- ACCA / CIMA or ACA (qualified or very close to completion)
- A track record of success as management accountant / finance manager or FC within a growth business ideally.
- Really hands on and able to balance projects alongside the routine reporting / accounting cycles.
- Able to keep pace with a business that has a very strong pipeline of large scale new business.
- Enthusiasm and natural proactivity – there is loads going on including the move to PLC status and you’ll need to be someone who will relish all of the exciting new change and expansion.
- To be someone who appreciates how much there is to learn and get stuck into here – the FD is looking for someone who will really maximise the opportunity and ‘throw themselves at it’.
It’s a sensible work life balance – busy while you are there but not long hours or unreasonable expectations. Just a great role for someone looking for a rewarding new challenge.
Share options are available downstream, modern office, exciting and innovative sector, mentoring and professional development from a superb FD and non exec team, rapid growth setting, loads of variety – great role.
If you would like to be considered for the Financial Controller role in York please click 'apply now' or contact our team direct.
Apply for Financial Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly