Senior Management Accountant
Senior Management Accountant | York | £40,000 - £50,000
Are you looking for a new challenge within a business that is delivering exciting growth?
This group offers the best of both worlds – variety and challenge coupled with a sensible work life balance. You’ll be working in a modern and professional setting reporting directly to the FD. The group have received significant investment and funding and have an impressive stream of new projects / contracts at go live stage. Revenue is forecast to continue to soar and it is an interesting and exciting time to join.
Your role is as wide and varied as you want to make it! The FD is looking for someone who can work in close partnership with her and ultimately take away as much as possible from her desk! There is plenty going on and you will enjoy real opportunity for development and project exposure.
It’s a great environment – a collaborative and welcoming culture and colleagues who are all striving to create a positive setting.
Your role will initially focus on variance analysis, cost centre reporting, analysis of customer / contract costs and profitability, management accounting, budgeting and forecasting.
You will support the transactional finance team to ensure controls are robust and processes are efficient. There will be an upgrade of the current accounting software and you’ll play a key role in ensuring the new system is fit for purpose within the growing group.
You’ll take particular responsibility for a subsidiary and effectively be their FD from the outset.
The role would be a super step for a confident Management Accountant looking for development and broad scope.
- To be qualified CIMA / ACCA / ACA (or approaching full qualification).
- To have a proven record of success as management accountant / FM – ideally within a manufacturing / engineering or research setting where R&D and project costing is a consideration.
- To be able to communicate complex financial info to a non finance audience (at senior manager and director level).
- To be comfortable in an agile and professional SME where growth is expected and change is on the agenda!
- To be someone who loves a vibrant, continuous improvement setting where there is always ‘could we be doing this better’ on everyones mind.
There is massive scope for your role to develop / career to progress. You’ll play a pivotal part in the success of the group and be rewarded for your inputs.
If you would like to be considered for the Senior Management Accountant role in York please click 'apply now' or contact our team direct.
Apply for Senior Management Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly