Boutique Practice specialising in Music & Entertainment are looking for an assistant manager to join their busy but friendly team.
You will support the Partner and Manager, and tasks will include:
- Managing the day to day workload for self and junior staff.
- Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Commercially aware approach to work.
- Excellent communication skills with team and clients Specific Role Responsibilities
- Managing the day to day bookkeeping, financial reporting, payments and budgeting for clients within the Media and Entertainment industry ranging from individuals, unincorporated businesses, incorporated companies
- Working successfully with the team managers and partners to ensure that all statutory deadlines and requirements for accounts, tax, VAT and that any other areas of financial compliance are met
- Preparation of year end account files using resources available and assisting with gathering the relevant information to complete P11Ds, company, personal and partnership returns to ensure the timely filing and payment of client compliance
- Preparation and review of VAT returns for manager/partner sign off and client approval as well as assisting with raising sales invoices, considering the VAT position on international invoices
- Managing all receivables, payables and assisting with the maintenance and review of accounting records raising issues to relevant Managers
- Handling all aspects of the clients financial and personal affairs, as per the client's needs and acting as the first point of contact for clients, their other advisers and third parties, liaising directly with them in a timely and professional manner
- Assisting with clients with foreign taxes and overseas compliance
- Preparation and assistance with tour budgets and tour accounting including reconciliation of tour settlements
- Regularly updating the Managers and Partners to discuss workload, client issues or concerns and managing their input as appropriate
- Delegating to and overseeing team members responsible for payments and data entry, assisting them with their development and managing their workload to ensure deadlines are met
You will be:
- Exceptional, effective and appropriate communication skills both verbally and in writing at all times, recognising they must represent the firm in a positive light when dealing with clients and internally
- Sound technical, commercial and risk awareness alongside advanced understanding of policies, procedures and processes, strives to apply own technical excellence and articulates risk with issues whilst appreciative of when to refer more complex technical issues up
- Strong ability to maintain confidentiality at all times and remain mindful of sensitive issues
- Excellent IT skills along with the ability to use software effectively
- Strong attention to detail
- Is relatively autonomous with regards to client and general tasks, with an active interest in promoting a professional and collaborative working practice across the firm
- Confident, professional and coherent in dealings with partners, staff and directly with clients and is responsive to the needs of others
- Exceptional work ethic and desire to provide an outstanding client service, with an in-depth understanding of both internal and external clients and their needs as well as the environment they operate in Systems
- ACCA/ACA qualified or substantial relevant experience
If this interests you please apply today
Apply for Assistant Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly