Corporate Tax Assistant Manager - Remote Based/Hybrid
Michael Page Finance are partnering with a fast-growing, acquisitive international corporate services practice currently seeking to recruit a Corporate Tax Assistant Manager on an 18-month fixed term contract basis.
The company is Reading based, however this role can be fully remote, with occasional travel to client sites mainly around Southern England. For those who prefer a balance of working from home and from the office, there are numerous office locations including Reading, London, Bristol and the Midlands which can be utilised.
You'll be managing a broad portfolio of UK clients; many of which will have international issues to be considered. Clients range from Fortune Global 500 companies to SME's and private equity firms across the UK and abroad.
The role will provide advanced tax compliance services to a portfolio of clients including preparation and review of tax computations, share returns and tax advisory work for a portfolio of clients based mainly in the UK and the US.
You will be operating as one of a team of 7 based in the UK.Key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of detailed tax computations & returns for single companies and Groups of companies using AlphaTax software.
- Calculating & advising on tax liabilities due throughout the year.
- Preparing annual share returns.
- Monitoring filing & payment deadlines
- Keeping up to date with tax technical developments to ensure any impact from these developments is properly understood and communicated to clients efficiently and effectively
- Assisting with the audit process, and where necessary liaising with third party auditors in relation to tax disclosures for statutory accounts.
- Ensuring clients are communicated with in a professional and timely manner.
- Identifying and implementing improvements to working processes.
ProfileWe're keen to hear from candidates with:
- ATT, CTA, ACA or ACCA qualification OR Qualified By Experience
- Previous corporation tax experience gained in a practice environment
- Experience in preparing tax computations on behalf of clients
- Experience of managing a portfolio of clients with some exposure to international clients
- Competent user of systems including strong Excel. Alphatax would be advantageous but not essential
- Understanding/some experience of R&D, VGTR, double tax relief, group relief claims, CFCs and corporate interest restriction rules wouldbe advantageous
- Experience of preparing annual share returns would be beneficial but not essential
- Diligent attention to detail
- Flexible working approach, comfortable working remotely
- Team Player
There is a competitive salary between £45,000 and £60,000 per annum depending on experience, plus a great benefits package.