Job Title: Financial Controller
Salary: Up to £80k dependent on experience
Upp is a private equity backed start-up bringing next level broadband to towns across the East of England. We’re removing barriers so our customers can enjoy an uninterrupted connected life with reliable, full fibre to the home broadband. Fast, reliable broadband that covers every corner of your home isn’t just nice to have, it’s become a necessity and our team is dedicated to delivering it.
We are now looking to recruit a Financial Controller to be responsible for overseeing the finance function and shaping the systems, processes, controls and people necessary to underpin the business finances, reporting and forecasts/budgets. This is a busy, hands-on role required to support the fast scaling-up of the business, helping it meet its ambitious goals.
Key Accountability & Responsibilities
Financial Control & Systems
- Ensure suitable systems, processes, controls, reporting, audit and compliance are in place, taking into account the anticipated growth of the business.
- Oversee recording of purchase orders, matching of payable invoice and cash settlement procedures.
- Oversee revenue recognition and cash assurance processes in relation to customer billing.
- Recommend and implement appropriate accounting policies.
- Ensure monthly management accounts and audited financial statements are produced in a timely manner.
- Oversee preparation of periodic VAT, CIS and corporation tax returns.
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Develop appropriate financial planning and analysis for budgeting, forecasts, KPls etc.
- Build and maintain a robust multi-year budgeting/financial planning tool.
- Support the annual budgeting exercise, including the update of the multi-year strategic plan, and half year re-forecast, as required.
- Develop and produce a monthly board pack incorporating the tracking of the KPls.
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong track record as Finance Controller or Head of Finance. Alternatively, this opportunity could be suitable for someone with appropriate experience looking to step-up to the FC role in a finance function.
- Preferably experience of a B2C environment, but not essential.
- Implementation of financial systems.
- Experience of people management
- Experience of telecoms would be helpful but not essential.
- Know-how to bring best practice to the finance function.
- A ‘sleeves rolled up’ approach with attention to detail to ensure robust processes, analysis and debate.
- Determined and focussed on bringing improvement and sustainable results/outcomes.
- Gravitas to interact with the senior leadership team and investors, as well as sensitivity to fit into the entrepreneurial/start-up culture.
If this Financial Controller role looks right for you, please apply below now.
Apply for Financial Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly