Associate Tax Partner - London
We are recruiting for an Associate Tax Partner to work within the London office. This is a tax advisory role within a busy team advising predominantly owner managed businesses ('OMB') on both corporate and personal tax matters, reporting directly to the Partner heading the team.
Due to growth within the largest and fastest growing region we are looking for highly skilled entrepreneurial individuals to join to the team to assist us in achieving our strategic goal of being the number one advisor to owner managed businesses.
They are a top 15 accountancy firm specialising within the owner-managed business area across the UK. A well-
The Associate Tax Partner role is offering a competitive salary, study support (if needed), a great career path to progress within the firm and a great benefits package.
The role will involve working with internal clients alongside General Practice partners as well as external professionals and their clients on a variety of tax advisory and planning work which includes transactional work and long term tax projects. The advisory work encompasses the life cycle of a business from start-up structuring through to growth and expansion to exit planning for owners and families. The role will also involve dealing with ad-hoc tax queries which come through the firm's networking sources including a tax helpline for accountants
- Working alongside the head of the team on various tax planning and advisory work. Taking responsibility for a number of projects working with team members to deliver within given timeframes and budget. The work would include transactional work largely on business reconstructions including management buyouts, purchases of own shares and demergers as well as smaller one off tax assignments.
- Provide technical and marketing support to the head of the team to expand the property tax service offering internally and externally. The work would include, property incorporations, property investment group planning and principal private residence enquires.
- Working alongside General Practice Partners and the Corporate Finance Partner Identifying opportunities and providing ad hoc advisory support. Overseeing and providing technical support in relation to tax due diligence work on sale transactions.
- Reviewing work within the team and supporting the team. Identifying issues for others and cross selling opportunities.
- Dealing with ad-hoc queries via the firm's tax helpline and the Tax Compliance teams
- Pursuing new work opportunities, preparing fee proposals and marketing the firms' tax capabilities to build their own client following and work pipeline.
- Writing articles for the internal newsletter and tax press as well as undertaking presentations as necessary and attending networking opportunities.
- 3 years' post-qualification tax experience
- Experience in a small or mid-tier accountancy practice with exposure to owner managed businesses
- Tax advisory/project experience with specific experience in dealing with business reconstructions and property tax work.
- Experience of researching technical issues and preparing technical reports
- Broad and general tax knowledge of all aspects of direct taxes
- Possess a general tax background with good working knowledge and awareness of all taxes perhaps with a corporate tax bias ideally with an accounting background and good understanding of accounts.
- Some experience of property tax including SDLT with the capability and enthusiasm to develop the role from a technical and marketing perspective to offer as a specialist service line to client.
- Client facing, happy to pick up one off ad hoc queries via the telephone helpline as well as run large transactional projects often at the same time.
- A team player, able to work alongside the head of the team as well as General Practice Partners but also managers and juniors delegating, reviewing work and acting as a mentor.
- Have an appetite to market and promote the team and wider firm offering. Building working relationships with clients and professionals to generate their own pipeline of work. This may involve writing articles for the Tax Press and internal and external presentations.
- Demonstrating good commercial credentials in terms of winning new work, fee negotiations and deliverables. Be comfortable working with external professionals as well as end clients to create work opportunities.