Group Financial Controller
£45,000 - £55,000
Part of Senior Management Team
Opportunity to Progress to Group Finance Director
Hamilton Woods is looking for a Qualified Accountant to become the Group Financial Controller of a superb growing business based in Birmingham that is interested in finding someone who will become a future director. This is an SME business that has continued to grow, and show how dynamic they are, and how they can adapt to a changing marketplace.
Their entrepreneurial spirit has helped grow this business both organically and via acquisition, however now they now need that finance expert to help them become a much larger business. They are a dynamic group of people and are looking for a like-minded individual to come and join the team. You do not need to be the finished article, but you do need to have an impeccable track record and be driven by innovation and tough challenges.
THE ROLE (Group Financial Controller):
- This role is a "hands-on" role, responsible for the management of a small finance team of 5 and its reporting requirements on a day-to-day basis.
- This role aims to provide accurate financial information in a timely manner to the key business stakeholders and is an active member of the Executive Team - able to develop and react to operational plans and change across the business.
- Production of budgets and management accounts that accurately reflect the business activity, that accruals and other adjustments are being made correctly, and that variances from budget and other issues are investigated and resolved.
- Forecasting income and cost and ensuring cash flow is managed. Daily liquidity monitoring, including the escalation of variances and management of concentration risk.
- Managing the annual audit process in conjunction with the appointed auditors to ensure statutory accounts are produced within the required deadlines.
- Production of finance based statutory and regulatory reporting, including, annual accounts, VAT and Tax.
- Working with stakeholders to review and calculate the profitability of existing and potential customers, including the tracking of initial sales revenue projections against actual received.
- Working with the Executive Committee to produce strategy and financial plans with an eye on regulatory and industry change and the impacts on the function.
- Developing finance policies and procedures and ensuring that these are being consistently followed.
- Preparation of financial information and reporting on the overall business risk assessment of the group's finances.
- Ownership of corporate banking relationships and oversight of operational banking relationships, where managed within Operational Finance.
- Establishment of an effective Treasury Management function within the team, liaising with Operational Finance.
- Oversight of corporate bank reconciliation.
- Review and ownership of the Financial Business Continuity plan.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- A Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA/) - or equivalent, with relevant business experience
- A knowledge of business operations processes,
- Mergers & Acquisitions experience advantageous.
- Experience in devising and implementing strategic development and resource plans.
- Significant demonstrated experience of preparation of management and annual accounts, business analysis and management information and the development, maintenance and monitoring of management information systems and procedures
- Management of the Finance team, training, mentoring
- Production of: Annual statutory accounts and tax returns, Quarterly VAT returns, Annual and quarterly FCA returns, Monthly management accounts.
- Identification of any issues within the team and escalating via the appropriate channel.
- Monitoring of corporate cashflow and liaison with Operational Finance function regarding good monitoring of operational cashflow
- Ideally experienced in board/senior executive - level operating and delivery and able to demonstrate excellent influencing skills within this field.
Apply for Financial Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly