Financial Reporting Manager
This is a challenging role focusing on technical accounting judgements, financial reporting processes improvement and controls excellence, all within a complex global business environment that is embracing digital transformation.
Focused on partnering with the business to ensure that all accounting issues are timely identified, considered and appropriately recognised whilst also promoting an effective control framework and robust financial processes.
A truly well established international luxury brand with industry leading design and engineering capabilities. Operating under the core values of best practice whilst delivering the highest quality products and service to their loyal and ever growing global customer base.
With the business in question undergoing a sustained period of change and transformation this is a genuinely exciting time to join the business and develop your career.
Innovation and a real desire to succeed are key components of how this business will continue to grow and the very ethos that the hiring manager for this role has instilled across their respective team.
Facilitate and enhance financial reporting processes:
- Lead technical accounting support to functional teams as well as international operations.
- Support Group Accounting and Reporting team in preparation of consolidated results for reporting to Parent, management and external reporting to tight deadlines;
- Facilitate compliance and quality of reporting under IFRS
- Deal with external auditor's queries in respect of reporting and controls in place;
- Build strong working relationships with the local FC and FDs to drive consistency and quality of reporting and to identify, understand and align on accounting / financial reporting issues;
- Maintain effective consolidated month end, quarter end and year end reporting processes.
The successful candidate will have the ability to develop strong relationships across a wider range of stakeholders. Key to success is the ability to lead others and influence business outcomes as you work closely with various Group entities and functions, the ultimate parent and Group auditors.
Qualifications, experience and qualities required:
- Professional Accountancy qualification and post-qualification experience with a large accountancy firm (preferable Big 4, top 20).
- Demonstrable leadership and line management experience.
- Strong IFRS accounting technical expertise.
- Ability to partner with business and influence effectively.
- Enthusiasm and passion for continuous process improvement and process excellence.
- Experience in using recognised / statutory reporting standards and methodologies.
- Ability to present information clearly to different levels of management /non-finance stakeholders with appropriate detail;
- Ability to proactively manage multiple tasks, processes and customers.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to cope within cross- functional team / global office environments.
This career defining role provides a varied workload with opportunities to develop and implement new ideas and approaches, proactively manage and continually improve all aspects of technical accounting, controls and compliance in external & internal reporting.
The base salary on offer is between £55,000 - £60,000.
An unrivalled reward package in addition to the base salary includes an annual bonus, defined contribution pension plan, group life assurance, group income protection, private healthcare and an incredible company car scheme.