Financial Accountant - 6 month FTC
The successful Financial Accountant will be reporting to, and working closely with the UK FC and will primarily be responsible in helping drive the continuous improvement of intercompany balance management. This will involve a focus on day to day operational tasks but will also provide the opportunity to work on, and implement, projects related to intercompany transactions and balances. The successful candidate will gain a strong understanding of the interaction between the different entities within the group, and the structure itself.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the UK Financial Controller & Assistant UK Financial Controller when dealing with all Accounts Payable matters.
- Creating and uploading of month end journals into the GL to ensure integrity in the reported financials and adhering to the timetable.
- Ensuring that relevant monthly balance sheet account reconciliations are completed on a timely basis and differences are investigated and resolved promptly.
- Using and developing a dialogue with stakeholders that encourages transparency and avoids "finance-speak" with non-finance staff.
- Developing and maintaining fixed asset registers, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Assisting with the production of cash flow forecasts utilising knowledge gained through the month end close and budget / forecast processes.
- Analysing relevant sections of the firm's accounts to enable the production of meaningful commentary against comparatives.
- Contributing to the review of existing processes and controls to identify improvements that can be introduced to ensure financial processes and controls operate effectively and efficiently on a day to day basis.
- Qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA or equivalent)
- The ideal candidate will have experience in management of intercompany balances in a large professional services business.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Must be self-motivated, highly organised and accurate with strong attention to detail and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to forge strong working relationship with senior members of the finance team
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven, highly motivated and successful Financial Accountant to join this organisation at an exciting time. For your experience and knowledge with the above, you will be rewarded with the following package:
- Salary up to £50k (pro rata)
- Pension scheme
- Rewards and incentives
- Continuous professional development
Apply for Financial Accountant - 6 month FTC
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly