Audit Assistant Manager
Top 20 practice in London are looking for an assistant audit manager to join the team in London
- Managing and undertaking statutory audits and being involved in all stages of the audit process from planning to completion.
- Showing initiative and taking responsibility for management of the audit and your team to ensure completion within the agreed budget.
- Acting as the principal contact for the client during the on-site fieldwork.
- Managing on-site teams and assist in the supervision and development of your team.
- Delivering high-quality work to tight deadlines.
- Supervising audit teams on site, reviewing the work of Associates and assisting Senior Audit Managers in project management and client liaison.
- Alongside other Assistant Managers, reporting to a Senior Manager on large complex audit assignments, as well as managing a small portfolio of clients as manager.
- Carrying out work profitably and on a timely basis, in accordance with the firm's professional standards and to the satisfaction of our clients and audit senior managers.
- Supporting the team in delivering a quality audit timetable and providing insightful comments to report to the client.
- Contributing to a continuous improvement ethos for the team.
- Managing and lead assurance and risk management projects - liaising with clients and preparing client reports.
Purpose of the role:
As a qualified Accountant, Assistant Managers in our Audit division are required to lead teams on a range of Audit assignments. This role requires a particular specialism in corporates.
- To adhere to deadlines, including prompt notification to the partner where problems are likely to arise or as they arise on each assignment.
- Can identify where other experts in the firm can provide relevant services to respond to client business needs.
- Manage work in progress and billing on client assignments.
- Undertake additional duties as reasonably required.
- Experience in working with complex groups, reporting structures and liaising with component auditors is highly desirable.
Technical skills, experience & knowledge:
- Able to provide practical, proactive business advice for clients, while referring more significant or challenging control issues to the partner.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of business cycle controls, recognising the audit risks and business implications where controls are absent, ineffective, or inefficient.
- CCAB body membership, eg ICAEW, ACCA, ICAS, ICAI, AICPA.
- Ensures adequate CPD is undertaken in relevant disciplines/client sectors.
If this position interests you please apply today
Apply for Audit Assistant Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly