FINANCE MANAGER - FINANCIAL MODELLING
Your new company
Our client is a highly recognised and leading waste and resource management companies. Committed to sustainability, they strive to minimise the amount of waste that ends up in landfill by transforming it into valuable resources wherever possible.
Your new role
Reporting to the Development Finance Manager the role is to provide a resource to the Finance Department for providing financial support to commercial tenders, contract extensions, and development projects. Responsibilities will primarily be focused on the financial modelling and evaluation of bids / projects and the managing of the model for bids / projects, along with the financial interpretation of any associated documents and identifying related financial risk. This is a key role in the wider bid / project teams, partnering with Collections and Treatment bid teams, Operational Development teams, Regional Development Managers, Operations Area Managers and other functional support teams (e. Fleet, Engineering, Estates, Legal etc.) as required for modelling. Responsibilities will include:
- Bids / Contract Extensions / Developments
- Form part of wider bid team / liaise with operational Development teams as appropriate
- Review of documents
- Implement document requirements into financial model
- Ensure required outputs / pricing schedule produced from financial model
- Evaluate financial risks / exposures for company
- Raise clarifications as required
- Manage and co-ordinate inputs for model
- Manage to project review / UK approval deadlines / timetable for submission of tenders
- Represent FCC UK as required at tender dialogue / project meetings and liaise appropriately with Local Authorities and other third parties
- Review model with Manager
- Prepare financial inputs for Approval papers for review with Manager
- Present financial section of Approval paper as required
- Ensure submission of pricing schedule and any other financial outputs to deadlines.
- Support with SQ process as required
- For successful tenders ensure financial model and relevant financial detail / pricing requirements are handed over to Operations / Operational Finance
What you'll need to succeed
The successful applicant will be a qualified accountant with minimum 3+ years PQE or be of this level in experience. They will have demonstrable and recent modelling, analytical, and IT skills, advanced in MS Excel, and have a wide knowledge of financial evaluation methods. Experience of local authority commercial tenders and of working in project teams would be key. Waste industry experience is preferable.
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent collaborative opportunity to join the team in an environmentally focused business. Benefits include 25 days' holiday per annum, the option to purchase up to five days of additional leave, pension scheme and life insurance along with a flexible benefits scheme and access to an Employee Assistance Programme and the Best Doctors Service.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for FINANCE MANAGER - FINANCIAL MODELLING
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly