Asset Backed Finance Associate
MERJE are partnered with a successful Financial services business and due to an exciting period of growth & development we are currently looking for an Asset-Backed Financing Associate, Fund Management with a background in fund origination and structuring to join the Fund Finance team.
The successful candidate will be joining a dynamic and industrious team and the role offers the opportunity to work alongside talented, senior members of a fast-paced agile organisation as well as the opportunity to work over numerous asset classes and pan-European jurisdictions. There is also opportunity for progression, and strong performance will be quickly recognised and well rewarded.
This role will be based in London with some home working. Due to the current Pandemic this will initially be a home-based role.
What will you be doing?
- Execution of debt finance transactions in relation to fund investments
- Assist the portfolio management team to continuously monitor debt finance transactions
- Work alongside the investment origination team to ensure that the information is available and correct as it pertains to the attractiveness of certain investment opportunities and that financing for such can be realised
- Identify and escalate to the Fund General Counsel on issues that may require further analysis
- Negotiate financing terms and covenants
- Ensure the operational implementation of financing transactions in a robust and efficient manner
- Build and maintain relationship with third-party service providers and internal stakeholders
- Engage with external legal and tax advisors to ensure transactions progress in an efficient and timely way
Is this you?
- Proven track record in a Legal or securitisation structuring role with a transactional focus
- Strong experience of working within a Law firm, investment bank, rating agency or asset manager working with financial assets and the negotiation of transaction documentation
- Excellent history of negotiating commercial terms successfully
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment surrounding debt finance
- Proven track record of working with financial assets
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- Highly numerate, advanced mathematical skills desirable however not essential
- Proven ability to influence both internal stakeholders and third-party providers
- Strong communicator and negotiator with positive influencing and interpersonal skills
- Highly driven, determined, and resilient
- Open and transparent, builds relationships based on trust
Our client can offer a highly competitive salary plus excellent benefits.
Apply now for immediate consideration.
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.
Apply for Asset Backed Finance Associate
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly