Senior Tax Analyst
Senior Tax Analyst
Are you looking for your next challenge and want to join a rapidly growing, innovative, dynamic international company? We are looking for an experienced Senior VAT Compliance Specialist to join our growing EMEA Compliance Specialists and Filings team.
- Working on complex client VAT issues.
- Building trusted client relationships.
- Supporting with Indirect Tax projects.
- Ensuring all submissions are completed on-time and accurately.
- Managing client audits / authorities’ questions on VAT matters.
- Acting as a mentor and providing VAT training for the team.
- Assisting with research for Technical & QA Teams of Country compliance laws and practices.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Teamwork-oriented with a strong focus on customer satisfaction.
- Attention to detail, with a drive to continuously improve.
- Results-oriented, highly organized, motivated and driven to succeed.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Potentially part-qualified with recognised tax or accounting body.
- Minimum 3 years' VAT compliance experience.
Avalara Global Returns Service:
Avalara’s Global VAT Returns Service is for companies that want to outsource the entire process of international VAT compliance. The service is designed to work with clients through the various stages of the international VAT journey.
Based in its Brighton office, Avalara’s VAT experts, natives from many of the 28 member states, help clients understand and manage their international VAT obligations. This includes a single point-of-contact service. The GRS service is provided with the backing of Avalara’s VAT Reporting software which addresses the complexities of VAT compliance, and provides efficiency, increased accuracy, and a reduction in manual compliance processes for clients.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We’re committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you’ll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It’s time to hear your voice.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, gender, nation of origin, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. We thrive on diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply to Avalara’s open positions.
Avalara is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow this process outlined when applying for a position: Please provide your name and contact information to our recruitment team at recruitmentEMEA@avalara.com