Group Head of Internal Audit & Risk Management
Our client is a FTSE listed, global, market leading, manufacturing and distribution business that is poised for a period of significant growth.
The Group Head of Internal Audit and Risk Management is a new role and will report directly to the Chair of the Audit Committee and Chief Financial Officer. Alongside their internal audit responsibilities, to provide an independent, objective assurance service in line with corporate governance requirements, the successful candidate will also coordinate the Enterprise Risk Management process (which currently sits in the Legal function) throughout the Group (ensuring that all requirements of the risk management process are fully complied with).
Key deliverables for the Group Head of Internal Audit & Risk Management will include:
- Develop and maintain a quality assurance program designed to achieve compliance with standards and the code of ethics issued by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Deliver an internal audit risk based coverage plan.
- Secure an adequate budget to enable audit delivery and regularly manage this on an ongoing basis.
- Periodic reporting of internal audit activities and outputs to applicable governance forums (e.g. Audit Committee, Executive Management Team etc).
- Ensure the sharing of knowledge based audit activity conducted, entrenches a culture of continual improvement within the company.
- Coordinate the risk management practices and frameworks at various levels in the organisation in line with the Enterprise Risk Management process.
- Accountable for the coordination of risk management reporting and the significant risks report (both top-down and bottom-up) including challenge of the risks and identification of mitigations.
- Manage and establish the annual risk cycle calendar in line with the risk management process.
- Introduce risk tolerance to enable suitable risk-based decisions.
- Develop a framework for business units to carry out effective risk maturity assessments.
- Identify and establish improvement opportunities and efficiencies to the existing Enterprise Risk Management process in line with industry best practices.
- Ensure alignment of internal audit planning to risk management outputs.
The Head of Internal Audit & Risk Management position isn’t an opportunity for your typical internal auditor, it is a role that will suit an ambitious finance professional looking to make their first step into a multinational PLC. As an entry point into the global finance function, the individual will be accountable for optimising the internal audit and risk management functions globally. Once this has been achieved the candidate will have the opportunity to progress their career within the organisation. The successful candidate is likely to come from a Big 4 firm where they are operating at Senior Manager / Director level and on a path to Partner, but don’t see this as their career trajectory. Given this profile, an accounting qualification (ACA) or audit qualification (CIA) is a prerequisite for the role.
Apply for Group Head of Internal Audit & Risk Management
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly