Accountancy Recruit is recruiting for a large manufacturing business based in Bury St Edmunds. This is a Management Accountant role responsible for all the UK legal entities in terms of month end reporting. You will develop internal professional working relationships will the Management Team, peers in the European company sites and within the UK Finance Team. Externally you will be the contact for auditors, banks, and government agencies. This role supports the UK Financial Controller and will provide the opportunity to develop your professional career and to be involved in project work.
- Responsible for maintaining financial accountability, overseeing, and reviewing transactions; hands on intervention when necessary.
- Month end accruals, prepayments, and statements of cash flow.
- Investigating financial discrepancies and reporting to management.
- Ensuring timely monthly accounts closing and reporting to group deadlines.
- Proactively managing the reporting of financial performance by site for designated sites. To include site profitability, cost management, yield and productivity analysis and capital project evaluation.
- Month end balance sheet reconciliations.
- VAT calculations and returns.
- Supporting the UK Financial Controller to ensure budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis are produced in a timely manner.
- Maintenance of the fixed asset register.
- Ad hoc financial analyses; including stock.
- Contributing to the Group's financial process improvement and maintaining controls integrity.
- Deputising for the UK Financial Controller as appropriate.
So, if you are currently working as an Assistant Management Accountant, Management Accountant, Financial Accountant or Finance Analysis this is a worth while career move for you!
The successful Applicant
- Fully or Part Qualified: ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Background or genuine interest to work in manufacturing.
- Experience of an ERP system.
- Advanced Excel & PowerPoint
Remuneration & Benefits
- Salary: £38-45,000 pa
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Good pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Study support if required.
Apply for Management Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly