Assistant Manager - Accountancy Practice
Accountancy Recruit is very proud to be working on behalf of an Accountancy Practice with such exciting ideas, creativity, and a desire to make owner managed businesses successful in every way. I am recruiting for an Assistant Manager with part remote work in Suffolk/Essex, to join this practice at a time of expansion and success. You will be working with individuals that are focused on delivering insightful advice to a range of business sectors, applying commercial mindsets to develop business opportunities and significant growth on behalf of their clients.
Duties will include:
- Developing strong professional working relationships with clients through detailed understanding of each business.
- Responsible for a portfolio of clients: sole traders, partnerships and limited companies.
- Preparation of accounts.
- Responsible for client compliance supported by a small team.
- Reviewing team tasks to ensure consistent delivery and providing support for bookkeeping queries.
- Preparation of year-end accounts and statutory requirements.
- Preparation of tax computations and returns (personal and corporate).
- Advising on client queries on tax, VAT and ad hoc matters.
- Reviewing VAT returns, ensuring the appropriateness of available VAT schemes.
- Preparing management accounts, budgets, cash flow forecasts and other ad-hoc reports for clients where required.
- Involvement in client payroll processing reviews as appropriate.
- Fully digitalised and embracing current technology.
You will be from an Accountancy Practice background, you may already be fully qualified in ICAEW or ACCA, you may be QBE or part qualified, but most importantly you will demonstrate a desire to forge successful business relationships based on your expertise in accountancy and commercial acumen. You will have the flexibility of working in the office and from home, with timely team meetings, as necessary. If you are interested in adding real commercial value to your clients' businesses, as well as sound preparation of the accounts then this is the career opportunity perfect for you!
Skills & Qualifications
- You will need to be skilled in the preparation of accounts, compliance and tax returns for a portfolio of clients.
- Good IT skills including Excel and Xero.
- Good client/customer service skills.
- Good organisation and the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
You will benefit from flexible working, partially remote within a full-time job, which will create a valued work life balance.
Salary: £35-45,000 pa.
Holiday: 25 days + bank holidays
Hours: 37 per week.-
Apply for Assistant Manager - Accountancy Practice
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly