Reporting to the Financial Controller, the successful Finance Analyst will be responsible for preparing and circulating daily Operations reports and summary P&L’s by settings each month and tracking the financial performance at site level. You will also be required to pitch in at month end, supporting the Financial Controller in meeting the monthly deadlines. Additionally, you will actively contribute to the wider Finance team by working closely together and keeping an in depth and up to date knowledge of departmental practices, working to deadlines and prioritising a varied workload.
Finance Analyst Responsibilities include:
- Preparing and circulating operational reports on booking statistics which involves extracting data from the booking system, then manipulating and presenting in a suitable format for the Senior Leadership (SLT) team and wider business.
- Preparation and review of summary P&L at month end for circulation to the SLT and Operations teams.
- Calculating monthly revenue share/facility rental payments for each setting. Involves extracting attendance data by setting, and performing calculations in Excel in line with the relevant contract terms, and considering any applicable thresholds before presenting this appropriately for internal and external consumption, and trouble-shooting any queries raised.
- Preparation of weekly cashflow forecast reports.
- Supporting the Financial Controller with Month End activities, such as Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Fully qualified or Part Qualified - ACA, CIMA, ACCA
- Experience and understanding of working in a finance team in an SME business.
- Someone who can work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines as well as be able to manage their own time effectively.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical skills, and the ability to be able to problem solve.
- An excellent team player as well as a clear communicator.
- Someone who is willing and able to take responsibility and ownership for tasks (after appropriate handover is given)
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills - Pivots, Lookups, IF Statements.
- Proficiency Microsoft Office.
- Previous use of Xero financial software (nice to have).
For your knowledge and experience you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and very attractive benefits package that will include:
- Salary up to £45k
- Flexible hours and working from home policies
- A benefits package including bonus, pension and healthcare
- Continuous professional development
Apply for Finance Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly