Assistant Management Accountant FTC 14-16 Months
Join one of the countries best loved brands!
They currently require an Assistant Management Accountant to join their team.
This person must be someone who is passionate about adding value to their CV and Career.
The Finance Team are looking to recruit an Assistant Management Accountant ideal candidate will be responsible for supporting the Management Accountant, to provide a high level of financial support including month end tasks and reporting, supporting both the forecast and budget process and identifying and implementing process improvements. The role is varied and flexible and will cover other Finance duties as required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead with Month End checks and system reconciliations
- Supporting the Management Accountant with specific focus on month end Inventory & Cost of Sales Accounting and variance analysis.
- Reconciliations, calculating and posting journals, creating reports, investigating errors or discrepancies and identifying corrective action.
- Producing monthly reporting for the business
- Provide support to the Management Accountants as required including finance project involvement and analysis
- Supporting the Management Accountant with Quarterly Forecasting and Budgeting activity
- Working closely with Operations Finance on Process Improvements
- Completion of National Statistics forms - quarterly
The ideal candidate will be newly qualified or part-qualified accountant working towards a professional qualification (CIMA/ACCA/equivalent), with previous financial experience in a FMCG or manufacturing environment. You will be pro-active, self-managing, and will possess the ability to analyse data and information and translate financial information to non-financial managers. Strong IT and numerical skills are essential, as are accuracy and attention to detail. You will also need to demonstrate strong communication skills with the ability to challenge and influence.
Sound of interest?
Get in touch for more details: or 0113 2031601