Head of Finance
Qualified Head of Finance for a SME Manufacturing company who have just undergone a MBO.
Your new company
Hays are working exclusively with a manufacturing company with 3 sites in the UK who have just undergone a management buy out and are looking to appoint their first Head of Finance to continue to grow and develop the business.
Your new role
This newly created role will join a very small hands on Senior Management Team to assist in the day to day financial control of the business. You will work closely with the CEO to implement robust financial process, implement a new cloud based accounting package, recruit and manage a small Finance Team. The company is in an period of planned growth and it is a exciting time to join a business with strong growth plans. The Head of Finance will be an integral part of running the company, operating as a trusted Business Partner to the CEO and the other members of the leadership team.
- Establish the finance processes and controls
- Review the finance systems
- Bring "in house" all payroll and accounting for external accountants
- Review IT processes and systems
- Support on investment appraisal
- Formulating financial targets and budgets in accordance with the strategy determined by the senior management team
- Prepare monthly management accounts and statutory accounts
- Ensuring that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met regarding all the company's financial affair
- Delivering cash flow forecasts as well improving working capital and cash management processes
- Supporting across IT, HR, Procurement, Property, Administration etc as appropriate
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a fully Qualified Accountant ideally with a background in manufacturing and within hands on SME roles. This role is looking for someone who can work from home whilst travelling to 3 sites across the UK 3 times per month. You will be looking to become a Finance Director and on the upward curve of your career. This role will offer someone a string blend of commercial opportunities and strategic decision making alongside robust financial control.
What you'll get in return
This is a superb career move for an ambitious Financial Controller looking to make the move to Finance Director. You will receive a basic salary up to £70,000 plus generous car allowance, 30 % bonus potential, 25 days holiday, BUPA and pension. You will work closely with the CEO and effectively create your own job description. This is a unique opportunity!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Head of Finance
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly