Accountancy Recruit is partnering a property management company in South Manchester to appoint a Finance Manager for a 15 month fixed term contract. The role would suit a Financial Controller, Senior Management Accountant or Finance Manager with the experience to hit the ground running. The Finance Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Managing and coordinating responsibilities within the accounts team and overseeing the work of the team checking reconciliations and payroll.
- Preparing management accounts and working with the executive management team to provide insight around the performance of the business.
- Producing year-end accounts and handling any queries from external accountants.
- Handling leaseholder queries and working with solicitors to resolve disputes.
- Managing banking relationships and client money compliance.
- Processing and checking supplier payment runs.
- Weekly cashflow forecasting and reporting.
- Liaising with and reporting to external accountants.
- Responsible for all VAT and dealing with HMRC.
To be successful in this role the Finance Manager will have the following experience:
- Previous experience working as an Accountant within the property sector and/or experience working within a growing SME would be preferred.
- Solid systems experience.
- Qualified ACCA/CIMA
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Experience of training and developing people
The salary advertised for this role is a guideline, the actual salary offered will be commensurate with experience.