Group Financial Controller
I’m working with a leading FTSE listed bank based in London looking for a Group Financial Controller to join their Group Finance team in a senior capacity. There are c. 150 employees in Group Finance, with about 50 being managed by the Group Financial Controller. You will have 5 direct reports; all are Heads of Departments, including Regulatory Reporting, Group Tax, External Reporting & Accounting Policy, Financial Control & Operations and Regulatory Policy. You will report to the Group Finance Director, Chair of the Audit Committee and the Board.
This role is a 14-month maternity cover with the possibility of it going permanent upon completion. The bank has a reputation for looking after employees, so they will look internally to see where they can keep you if you do a good job.
You will need to have experience leading a large high performing finance team within a Bank; the current Group FC is very hands-on, so you need to be willing to roll your sleeves up, get stuck in and fundamentally know your numbers inside and out.
• Responsible for the interpretation and production of Regulatory frameworks for both Capital & Liquidity reporting
• Leading the Capital Adequacy committee
• Lead the Bank’s half-year and year-end reporting
• Present to the Board and Audit committee
• Provide technical leadership across the Group
• Manage the group financial control framework and KPI reporting
• Chair the monthly Finance Committee attended by all Finance Directors across the Group
• Ownership of SAP and continuous improvement of the systems
• Play a key role in the GL system migration commencing FY22
• Responsible for the group tax reporting
The Group Financial Controller is paying £170,000 – £200,000 + 30-50% bonus + benefits
They need someone to start ASAP, ideally targeting September or early October.
Apply for Group Financial Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly