Assistant Financial Accountant
Part Qualified experienced Assistant Financial Accountant for a large, global, manufacturing organisation based in Barnsley. This is a newly created role due to a company restructure.
The purpose of the role is to assist the finance team with the month end process, including preparation of monthly management accounts, reports and associated activities along with ad hoc projects etc. Duties will include but not limited to:
- Assisting with financial accounting and control duties.
- Responsibility for the financial accounting and reporting of Europe entities.
- Ensure the Purchase and Sales Ledgers balance to the General Ledger.
- Reviewing the Purchase and Sales Ledger period-end routines and producing associated month end reports.
- Checking payroll information for authorisation and transmission to the bank ensuring payment to employees are made on time.
- Providing payroll reports and analysis to department managers.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
Candidates with a background in manufacturing are desirable. An interest/willingness to understand the wider business is essential:
- The successful candidate will be studying towards a professional qualification (CIMA/ACCA).
- A flexible working approach and the ability to work as part of a small team is essential.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are essential.
Key attractions for potential candidates:
- Competitive salary + study support.
- Discretionary bonus.
- Training & development plan.
- 37.5 hour working week.
- 26 days holiday + stats.
Apply for Assistant Financial Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly