- Full Time
Location Bedford – Hybrid flexible
Full Time (37 hours per week)
£30,450 - £35,525 depending on qualifications
Our client is a forward-thinking housing association, on a mission to build thriving communities where people can live happily in a home they can afford.
They work right across the Oxford to Cambridge Arc, and own or manage over 19,000 homes. As one of the top 25 Housing Association developers in the country, they remain committed to delivering high-quality affordable housing to those who need it the most.
Their Residents, shared owners and leaseholders are at the core of everything they do. With every employee playing an important part in ensuring they continue to provide them with excellent customer service and maintaining their role as a responsible landlord.
Our client is currently looking for an Assistant Accountant to join their Finance department in Bedford. In this key role you will effectively provide financial and non-financial information, ensuring timely and accurate information is delivered. Their core working hours are Monday to Friday 10.00am until 4.00pm, they work flexibly and remotely however office working is also required.
What you will be doing:
- Implementing and maintaining financial controls that ensure there are no material errors in routine financial reporting
- Deliver accurate and timely month end journals and other tasks to ensure financial results are delivered in compliance with all process requirements
- Assisting with the production of information for annual financial statements and audit
- Providing assistance with the maintenance of the fixed asset register
- Delivering balance sheet reconciliations for area of responsibility
- Assist with regulatory returns such as quarterly ONS survey
They’d love to meet someone with:
- The ability to understand, interpret, assess and manage finance related risks to support business requirements
- The ability to think conceptually, demonstrating creativity and innovation
- Experience in financial and management accounting and reporting
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA studier or QBE
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Proactive attitude with the ability to drive change and continuously improve systems, processes and functions
Amongst what they offer you is:
- A competitive salary of £30,450 - £35,525 depending on qualifications
- 28 days holiday PLUS Bank Holidays
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Private health care
- Free life assurance
- Access to an extensive suite of wellbeing services and tools including a digital gym
- Opportunities for learning and development
- Discounted gym membership
- Retail discount scheme
Please note the successful candidate will need to complete a basic DBS application.
Closing date: Wednesday 4th August
Interview date: Week commencing 2nd August
Our client reserves the right to close this recruitment if it is deemed that they have received a suitable number of applications. On this basis they would advise that applications are submitted as soon as possible.