Currently remote, with plans to return to our London office when safe
£Salary to be discussed in interview
Connexity, a global performance marketing company, has an exciting opportunity available. We are seeking a Financial Accountant to join our UK Accounting and Finance team. Currently, we are a fully remote workforce due to Covid with plans to return to our office in London when it is finally safe to do so. The Financial Accountant will be responsible for managing the UK day-to-day accounting operations working closely with the Group Accounting team based in Los Angeles, CA. Our ideal candidate will have experience providing high-quality financial accounting services working within statutory and regulatory guidelines. Technology sector experience would be preferable.
We are a fast-paced and dynamic environment, so our people are most successful when they are flexible, detail-orientated, professional and due to the regular interaction this role has with internal departments and customers, a highly skilled communicator.
Financial Accountant General Responsibilities:
- Completion of month end close procedures
- Posting and Reviewing month end journals
- Uploading month end financial reporting into Group
- Preparing and Reviewing monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Working on VAT returns
- Implement improved internal controls and processes. Identifying process improvements across the finance function creating an environment of continuous improvement.
- Assisting with the preparation of statutory accounts and managing local Audit engagement
- Supervising and training staff when necessary
- Some out of hours working flexibility to coordinate operations with Group Accounting team in Los Angeles
- Create new internal accounting corporate policies and maintain existing policies
- Monitor emerging technology to determine ways to automate the accounting process without sacrificing accuracy and accountability
- Oversee taxes and abide by government regulations
Knowledge/Experience required by our Financial Accountant:
- ACA / CIMA / ACCA qualified (or at final stage if significant (4+ years) Industry Experience)
- 2 years or more relevant Industry experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (Accounting or Finance degree preferred)
- Extensive knowledge of IFRS (US GAAP an advantage)
- Possess excellent planning and problem-solving capabilities to drive a culture of continual improvement, continually striving to keep processes best in class
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Additional experience in Audit and International accounting (preferred)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate complex ideas and information
Benefits available to our Financial Accountant:
Voted “Best Places to Work,” our culture is driven by self-starters, team players, and visionaries. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, the company operates sites and business services in the US, UK, and EU. We offer top benefits including Annual Leave Entitlement, paid holidays, competitive comp, team events and more!
- Healthcare insurance & cash plans
- Parental Leave Policies
- Learning & Development Program (educational tool)
- Flexible work schedules
- Wellness Resources
We are committed to providing a culture at Connexity that supports the diversity, equity and inclusion of our most valuable asset, our people. We encourage individuality, and are driven to represent a workplace that celebrates our differences, and provides opportunities equally across gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and all other demographics. Our actions across Education, Recruitment, Retention, and Volunteering reflect our core company values and remind us that we’re all in this together to drive positive change in our industry.
We are fully remote due to Covid, and will be conducting all interviews virtually.
If this Financial Accountant position seems right for you, please apply below now.