Group Financial Controller
Investigo are recruiting for a Group Financial Controller for an exciting 6-month role with a progressive Real Estate business, in Central London. This is an excellent opportunity to advance your skills and make a real difference in a growing business.
The role is inside IR35 and paying £450-£550 per day via umbrella.
- Management of the month-end process to ensure timely and accurate delivery of Board Information.
- Responsibility for ensuring that management information is created via active business partnering and that internal reports are provided to other internal departments on a timely basis
- Enhancement of management reporting to meet evolving business requirements and the commercial environment.
- Working together with the Commercial Finance team to ensure that monthly reforecasts are prepared in a timely, robust and informative method to provide enhanced management reporting.
- Management of the external audit year-end closing process, including agreeing deliverables, timetables, key areas of risk, judgement and uncertainty. Manage the quality and timeliness of information provided to ensure all deadlines are met with no surprises. Co-ordinate the closing process to ensure a smooth sign-off.
- Ensure financial transactions such as incentives, rent-free periods and other revenue recognition areas are accurately reflected in the financial statements in line with IFRS and group accounting policies.
- Ensure major transactions such as acquisitions and business combinations are managed and accounted for appropriately. Provide effective analytical review and understanding of key transactions at the entity and group level.
- Assess the Group's application of current and upcoming accounting standards ensuring that implications are understood, change is highlighted in advance and new accounting standards are implemented effectively.
- Management of direct reports. Currently there are 5 direct reports
- Development of the team, management of their performance and fully engaging in the Company appraisal process constantly working to improve individual, team and wider group's performance.
- Supporting process improvement, leading to continuous improvement in the accuracy, timeliness and automation of financial information.
- Production of a quarterly Controller's report highlighting key control areas with regards to the significant areas of judgement and estimations, application of accounting policies and accounting standards, and system developments.
- Assisting CFO and Finance Director with Group structuring/restructuring as required.
- Qualified Accountant CA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA with 5 years' + PQE experience of managing a finance function in a substantial business, preferably operating in a Real Estate environment
- A progressive record of success, prior experience of managing a finance team
- Leadership of a finance team within a fast moving, forward thinking and dynamic organisation (desirable)
- A working knowledge of IFRS & UK GAAP. Confidence to research accounting regulations for specific transactions
- Prior audit experience gained within a Big 4 firm (desirable but not essential)
- Senior experience within a similar business or sector (desirable)
- Confident use of finance systems; understanding of key controls and functionality embedded within them
- Knowledge of Navision, SAP, Salesforce (desirable)
If this role is of interest to you and you would like further information, then please send your CV to Liam Stubbs at Investigo on.