Category Manager - Estates/Facilities
Are you a Category Manager with experience working on complex Facilities/Estates projects from cradle to grave? Do you have a good knowledge of public sector procurement & tender processes?
This is a fantastic opportunity to work as a structural part of an established Procurement team who are spearheading an ambitious but achievable growth strategy.
- Procurement specialist for the business on the Public Contract Regulations and associated Case Law. Procurement specialist on the portfolio and sourcing strategy and category management;
- Responsible for developing and managing a broad range of complex category or strategic sourcing related activities. To formulate and adjust plans and strategies were required;
- To develop sourcing strategies, working with key business stakeholders, to address and meet business needs in line with the Procurement Strategy and associated procedures and practices;
- To ensure the legal compliance of tendering and contract award activities and to manage risk across relevant aspects of institutional procurement operations;
- To manage major suppliers' performance against contracts or other arrangements and to manage key relationships with their main customers. Maintain communications with institutional customers and suppliers to provide advice on current and future requirements;
- To represent the Procurement Team, as appropriate, on relevant internal and external groups, lead these groups where appropriate and where this would demonstrably enhance strategy delivery and achieve optimum value;
- To be the recognised procurement expert in the designated category areas you are working on by conducting continuous market research and analysis which is used to drive through change programs and develop short, medium and long-term procurement strategies;
- Responsible for managing compliant procurement processes from specification development to award of contract ensuring appropriate and timely input from business stakeholders and managing all associated risks;
- Develop and implement supplier management protocols for working with different categories of suppliers to cover supplier rationalisation, supplier development and supplier performance management;
- As a key link for procurement within departments you will have the ability to build robust relationships with the key stakeholders;
- You will be experienced in managing strategically important, complex procurement in the public sector, including but not limited to experience of make versus buy decisions, effective market shaping, soft market testing and commercial negotiation with proven results;
- You will also have demonstrable experience of leading and delivering change projects and programmes, building on best practice frameworks and processes;
- As we change you should be able to enable cultural change, a demonstrable improvement in services and increased efficiency's across the organisation;
- Relevant professional qualification, such as CIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply), or a recognised business qualification.
Click to apply today!
Randstad Financial & Professional encourage applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds. Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK. Randstad Financial & Professional acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003